NAD aka vit B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAD aka vit B3

Harvard has done work on the effects of vitamin B3 and it helps repair myelin- it is found in tuna fish and sesame seeds in high amounts. In general, meat sources are much higher in B3 content, but the sesame seeds are quite high compared to other veggie sources. Salmon is surprisingly much lower in B3. My new lunch salad is: tuna fish, dark green, red peppers, a few cherry tomatoes, generous amount of cucumber and olive oil and vinegar dressing. Will be switching from balsamic vinegar to red wine vinegar in hopes of avoiding a migraine trigger.

Thanks for the recipe idea. I'm giving it a try tonight.

Comment

Thank You Temagami for your post!

The study below supports what you and Harvard are saying about vitamin B3. This work was done in EAE mice and as we know mice aren't people. Nevertheless, most research in MS begins in EAE.

This will be very boring to most because it is lengthy and complex, but it is dazzling. Not only did B3 (NAD nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) halt EAE, the animal model of MS, it also repaired the damage and repaired it extremely well.

Little chance pharma will follow-up a vitamin study but academia might. Really, I found this is astounding:

NAD protects against EAE by regulating CD4 T cell differentiation
      http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/14...comms6101.html

Comment

I am not kidding, this study’s results are very important.

If a pharma had discovered a proprietary drug with vitamin B3 qualities demonstrated in the study below it would be trumpeted in every major media in the world as potentially miraculous news for MSers. Here are 3 quotes from the results...

“Here we show that administration of NAD+ protects against EAE and reverses disease progression.”

“Taken together, these results indicate that NAD+ treatment is not only able to block EAE progression, but can also rapidly reverse it.”

“Collectively, these results indicate that NAD+ blocks EAE progression by protecting against myelin and axonal damage, and more importantly, that NAD+ reverses EAE progression by promoting myelin and axonal regeneration.”

NAD protects against EAE by regulating CD4 T cell differentiation
        http://www.nature.com/ncomms/2014/14...comms6101.html

Diet to incorporate some of the suggestions earlier in the thread may be a huge benefit for MSers.

Comment

The recipe was great! Had it yesterday and used garlic olive oil. I need to get some balsamic vinegar. Love these healthy simple recipes!

Good job and thanks for the share

Diamond57

Diagnosed 6-28-14
          RRMS
          Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~Helen Keller~

Comment

Correction- sunflower NOT sesame seeds are high in B3 compared to other plant sources. I don´t know the status of sesame seeds.

Comment

Working...
            X