Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need low acid drink recipes...o and meals if you know any!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need low acid drink recipes...o and meals if you know any!

I have looked for info. in internet and have books ordered from my library. The books are not in yet. So i had my bladder biopsy done in beginning of the month. my month out apt is moved to this Tuesday .
    I'm dx with INTERSISTAIL CYSTITIS.

I'm only able to drink PLAIN WATER. I'm sure there are some of you that have to eat more plainish foods due to number of health issues. Do you have any ideas for me?

Greatly appreciated ! Need help brain storming recipes to jazz up my plain water in a low acid way. My brain is foggy in this...to much looking. Thanks.
    Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Can you drink green tea hot or cold?
    Can you carbonate it for variety?
    Can you drink rooibos tea (anti-inflammatory) hot or cold?
    Can you add just a drop or two of lemon or orange oil?
    Can you add a tsp. of flavoring- the kind they use in a coffee bar- has sugar, but maybe just a few drops are ok?
    If you can add essential oils- go to your local health food store and check to see which ones can be ingested.

Comment

lavender - because I've have gone thru the same thing in the past, I recommend Aloe Vera juice (not the jel)as it calms down the bladder spasms. Add it to your water or drink plain. It's really good and good for you! Here are some dietary recommendations for you that I found- http://www.ichelp.org/document.doc?id=7

There are many foods on the list and as it states, you can always test some of the foods in the 'Try it' column. I remember that I avoided tomatoes and the fruits I ate were more alkaline and less acidic. Hope this helps until your books come.

Take care and let us know how it goes!!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Bladder Really hurts today!

Thanks for the for the replies.

Bladder is really mift! I overdid it with my Dh side that were here. I cooked and made bar instead of a bday cake. We were having a little party for 3 people with bdays so close together.

So hurt every where (fibromyalgia flare) and bladder is hurting more!
        I looked at the site...thanks ...i have ideas. I have already limited citrus ..tomatoes ..coffees ....teas (but did read that some were ok...will have to test it when this flair is down.

citrus oil is a good idea...will ask Dr. about that. Bubbled H2o i can actually feel in the bladder. I have tried that while back. May try it again in the future.

Milk is ok and amond....but soy can bother the bladder. I have been drinking soy and amond and didn't notice difference. Dh is allergic to milk.

o thanks for the reminder about alo. I need to get some this week. I only have alo in vit. form. That is good for constipation.

Well i will check back...i hurt and need to go to bed.
        Sending hugs your way.

Take Care.....

Comment

Working...
        X