Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-Ribose for fatigue

Hi all,

I was watching on of the morning news shows and they had dr. Oz was a quest. He was talking about chronic fatigue syndrome and fatigue due to hypoyhroidism. He suggested D-Ribose powder mixed with preferably(sp?) Green tea.

He said it will work wonders on fatigue. Just wondering has anyone used this or even heard of it.
    "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Hello Earnellzwifey

I had not heard of D-Ribose powder till now

It's worth a little research, especially when so many have fatigue.

Thanks for sharing your info with us

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello

Found one study so far - it's a few years old:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17109576

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

OOOOHHHHH! I WANNA TRY IT!!!!!!!

I wonder how much $ we're talking about for this stuff, and the amount you need to take. I will try anything as long as it doesn't cost a fortune. I also wonder how long you need to take it before it "kicks in".

I hate my fatigue...HATE IT!!!!!!!!! I also noticed it rubs off on people around me. Seems I am making everyone else tired, too!
        Tawanda

Comment

Acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid have both been shown in university studies to alleviate the fatigue from MS, chronic fatigue syndrome, cancer, etc.

I've been taking these supplements for almost a year now and have had wonderful results, as have many others here.

Check out the "Did they work for you? Acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid" link on this page for more information.

Hugs,

Lisa
          Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
          Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
          Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

The original concern of fatigue. Lets go a step back and use a whole-food B complex first; to support the adrenals which help thyroid function. Then you can add some designer stuff like ribose. Pretty expensive. Also CoQ10 is involved in cell energy. It helps the mitochondria in the cell. Ribose is benign so try it.
            NutritionTara
            Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Thanks Tara for the input on D-Ribose. I have not yet decided on using a supplement yet since I am still in transition with all the perscribed drugs they are throwing at me. I will look more into more natural supplements soon.
              "Therefore we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day." 2 Cor. 4:16

Comment

Working...
              X