need energy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need energy...

Would rather food than medicine...what foods are good for fatigue? Would like any help.....thx

Energy Foods

Have you tried juicing?

Comment

Hi dann - here's an article (Foods to Fight Fatigue) from WebMD that you might find interesting. It explains what foods are good for combating fatigue and why.
      http://www.webmd.com/diet/fight-fati...ods-6/power-up
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I use caffeine, it seems to be the only thing that really works for me...in the short term. fed

Comment

While a healthy diet and moderate supplementation is good, be prepared for it not to "work" and don't discount medication on top of a healthy diet and lifestyle.

I have always had a healthy diet and lifestyle pre-MS. When neurogenic fatigue kicked in and I didn't know I had MS, I went through the entire round of supplements and super foods for over a year to no avail. I was always anti-Rx before this but now, not so much. I am a big believer in combining BOTH health lifestyle and whatever meds to help me out

Comment

eating to balance my blood sugar has helped immensely with my energy. also going gluten free helped too. i didn't notice it right away - but then i cheated and had some sourdough bread in san francisco... and promptly fell asleep!
            Katie
            dx rrms: 2/12
            copaxone 3/12 - current
            dx pcos 6/13
            gluten free, sugar free, dairy free = feeling great!

Comment

Need Energy

Deficiency: Blood Sugar Imbalances (Chromium & Vanadium one of the diseases resulting is Fatigue.

Comment

Sometimes what NOT to eat is as important as what TO eat in fighting fatigue. There's research that shows that cutting out sugar, simple carbohydrates and gluten can increase energy. Many doctors recommend eliminating them from the diet, including the two most famous "brain health" doctors, Daniel Amen, MD, and David Perlmutter, MD.

Comment

Originally posted by MSer102 View Post
                  Sometimes what NOT to eat is as important as what TO eat in fighting fatigue. There's research that shows that cutting out sugar, simple carbohydrates and gluten can increase energy. Many doctors recommend eliminating them from the diet, including the two most famous "brain health" doctors, Daniel Amen, MD, and David Perlmutter, MD.
                  Very good point!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

remember to drink plenty of water.
                    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                    volunteer
                    MS World
                    hunterd@msworld.org
                    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

foods for energy

Originally posted by dann View Post
                      Would rather food than medicine...what foods are good for fatigue? Would like any help.....thx
                      Dann - food choices have a dramatic impact on my energy. What works for me might not work for you, but reducing (or eliminating) simple carbs (anything made with white flour and/or sugar) and substituting with fruit and veggies (which are metabolized differently), whole grains, and protein, seems to make a huge difference. I have really reduced my total grain intake and have had good results.

Comment

well it's not food, but...

Walking every day and yoga especially help fatigue for me. I have tried just about everything out there. I do take Adderall to help with the fatigue and it helps me get through work from 4-10 in the morning, but fatigue is a terrible problem for me. If you Google "yoga for MS fatigue" you'll find some good info out there. I honestly think it works better than any drug for me. I cannot believe how good I feel when I leave there. I was able to find a private teacher who was willing to work with me (within my small budget!) and that's been one of the best things I ever did.

Comment

Everyone is different, but I got totally energized by adding whole food/protein smoothies to my daily diet, while reducing simple carbs--especially breads and things made with white flour--sugar and caffeine. I use brown rice protein powder and almond milk in the smoothies, along with green powder or fresh greens like kale, bananas and berries. I feel terrific on them!

Comment

Working...
                          X