No announcement yet.

Help needed in choosing vitamins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google or Bing the World’s Healthiest Foods of The George Mateljan Foundation; the information is based on years of research.

My bad,
    Scope

Comment

Originally posted by Scope Dope View Post
      the information is based on years of research.
      That made me laugh because that's what they ALL say.

Comment

Carole,

Be sure to investigate the brands to ensure the vitamins are "cold packed". If they aren't, then do not take them, as they will not be as effective. Personally, I take "Nature Made" because back in the 1990's I did some personal investigation, and found this brand to be "cold packed". Here in the US, they go on sale often. I "load up" with vitamins I know I take, when they are on sale. I store them in a cool part of the house.
        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

Mediterranean diet

MSer102

That is funny being that we Americans are looking for healthy ways of eating. One of which is the Mediterranean diet.

The Mayo Clinic recommends a Mediterranean diet for a heart healthy diet.

I think that there are more Europeans with MS than here on this side of the pond. So, why not get the Mediterranean diet information from the horses mouth. Don't quote me on that.

George Mateljan, Founder of the site I referenced, like Emeril Lagasse, started as a child and spent thirty years learning about healthy ways to eat.

I enjoy the information that I obtain from it, no commercials to get in the way because it's a not for profit site. I only recommend this site because of the great information and those like me who may be looking for plant based vitamins for their needs. No crazy side affects.

I take a multivitamin daily while enjoying fresh veggies. I'm okay with that.

Check it out and decide for yourself. You are going to get hooked like I did in 07.

Get back with us with what you think about it,
          Scope

Comment

I think that what you said doesn't have anything to do with what I said.

Comment

Let's not turn this helpful thread into a discussion between members who disagree. No one will win such a discussion. MSWorld guidelines state: "1. INTERNET ETIQUETTE: Show respect for others at all times.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

hunter what do you mean? There's no disagreement here just a playful interaction after someone misunderstood something I found funny.

Comment

Are we allowed to talk about specific brands on here?

I was taking a pretty high-end set of vitamins, but was getting extra fatigued after taking them... Pretty good sign I wasn't absorbing them well, right?

Well, I switched to a plant-derived vegan brand (since I have so many allergies, that might have been the problem anyway) and seem to be absorbing them much better. Vitamin D on the old kind was way too low (16) but just switching brands without upping my dose boosted me to 27. (I've increased my D since then... But it was interesting how one brand with the same IUs can be absorbed so differently!)

Comment

foster,
                    I am glad you realize the value of testing and re-testing for vitamin D levels. Since you are at 27 ng/mL, now, and you found a vitamin product that seems to absorb properly, you need to keep doing it for some 3 months and test again.
                    You are doing it right ! Look around on this site and see how many MSers don't know their levels. Big mistake !
                    Out of hundreds of reponders, only 1 reply of a MSer who was over 100ng/mL. And that responder did not admit to any adverse symptoms. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X