Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Essential oils and supplement recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essential oils and supplement recommendations?

I have had a really mild disease process since dx in 2006 but after delivering my first baby have had some numbness in my hands and an MRI showing active disease, I am ready to hop back on the "anything that helps" wagon. I was wondering if any one could recommend any essential oils? I am also interested in any supplements to promote well being and health of the neurological system. I tried to do a forum search as I am sure this has been addressed a lot, but I came up with a lot of irrelevant results. Thanks in advance every one.

Hello tomatogarden (love the name btw). I love my essential oils. Lavender and Clary Sage are my two favorites, but everyone is different.

Here is a helpful chart for uses: Essential Oil Uses

The most important thing with the oils (if you aren't making them yourself) is to make sure they are pure and not mixed with any chemicals.

Hope that helped on the oil front.

Comment

Hi tomatogarden and welcome! I like your name too

If you go to the national MS society's website and put vitamins in their search bar, you will get a list of vitamins that they recommend. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/liv...sis/index.aspx

The pamphlet is in pdf format.

Congrats on your new baby and stay well!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Idaho For Tomatos Not Potatoes???

I find that Royal Jelly seems to help with cognitive funtions. As mentioned we are all different so what I learned is that it can be a bit of trial and error to find the right combo that works best for you.

Having a baby will afford you a good reason to make many trips to the store and to speak with nutritionists.

Good Luck!!!

Comment

Oils and supplements are good but they aren't nearly as important as eating real food and not processed junk. You can't fix things that aren't built right from the inside by rubbing oil on the outside. If your already eating right then there's really no magic supplement that's better than any other one that does the same thing so you can pretty much just take your pick.

Comment

Your question is in the right direction, but there are too many differing answers out there to really know. There is research on some essential oils dating back 50 years.

Look at this website - it's a community where we follow a program based on the most researched MS diet and recommendations put together by George Jelinek, a physician who's mom died of MS and who was diagnosed at 45 and began a search of the literature. There is a book, but you can start at the website - there are recommendations on oils, but also diet, exercise and dealing with the disease in an affirmative manner.

http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/

Comment

I don't know about essential oils but I will suggest that you get 3 things tested by blood test. I suggest you get vitamin D, vitamin B-12 and magnesium tested. You should also be careful of how much red meat protein you eat. Dr. Andrew Weil suggests that meat should be no more than 10% to 20% of your total calories, daily. Good luck

Comment

Someone I work with recently introduced us to Living Young Essential Oils. Some of the co workers swear by these things. I'm trying a couple of them, but I don't know just how much I trust them. I guess they've been around since Biblical days. It just seems kind of strange that we are just now hearing about them.

I will say that the Peppermint does feel good. The oils don't claim to "cure" anything, but hopefully they can make some symptoms tolerable for a time.

I'm just wondering if they have any interaction with meds. Most of these oils are topical or aromatherapy so I don't suppose they can hurt.

I would love to hear from people who have had any success with them.
                Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Working...
                X