Almost Vegan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
    I just spent way too much time searching the forum for her posts on the subject and couldn't find them. Maybe I'm just having a particularly stupid morning.

Anyway, hopefully you (or someone else reading this post) will have better luck with a search.
    Thanks for the look sequoia. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Voor View Post
      Your diet is impressive expect there is one wolf in sheep’s clothing; Raisins are a strong inflammatory and rain bran is a moderately inflammatory. (According to NutritionData.com)

I recommend switching, and add some strawberries for a mildly anti-inflammatory tasty tough to it.

I had no idea that raisin=bad, until just recently. and would eat them as what i though was a health snack.

Wow, that's really amazing. I suppose it's hard to gage. Part of the index is measured by the glycemic index, which must be high on raisins. Also, it's not that many and there are phenols in raisins. I'm trying not to focus on individual foods - I still eat sunflower seeds which due to the amounts of Omega6 are considered inflammatory.

tara - can we get a ruling here?

Comment

who is dr. jelinek?

I've looked and I can't find the book. can you tell me more? thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mt View Post
          I've looked and I can't find the book. can you tell me more? thanks.
          Professor George Jelinek, M.D. He's an Australian. There are two books about MS by him:

Taking Control of Multiple Sclerosis: Natural and Medical Therapies to Prevent its Progression (2005)

Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis: An Evidence-Based Guide to Recovery (due out in September)

Amazon has the first one, and is taking pre-orders for the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
            Professor George Jelinek, M.D. He's an Australian. There are two books about MS by him:

Taking Control of Multiple Sclerosis: Natural and Medical Therapies to Prevent its Progression (2005)

Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis: An Evidence-Based Guide to Recovery (due out in September)

Amazon has the first one, and is taking pre-orders for the second.

I ordered "Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis" from Australia. You may find "Taking control of Multiple Sclerosis" in your local library. I think it's just as good. It's pretty much the first edition.

You will want to read the book but you can understand his program by going here:
            http://www.overcomingmultiplesclerosis.org/

Comment

thank you

thanks for the info on jelinek. my library doesn't have it, but I will look on amazon.

Comment

you will have considered yourself lucky to have found it after you do. let me know. It makes great reading.

Also good books to read (again, check the library first)

Roy Swank "The Multiple Sclerosis Diet Book". It seems like it's a diet (it is), but it also explains a lot about how to take care of the disease. Dr. Jelinek has updated the diet parts, so they're different than Swanks. But swank created the basis and proof of Jelinek's book

Also read "The China Study". This has also heavily influenced Dr. Jelenik and will give you much pause for thought on what you're eating.

The point is that the diets are likely to help with MS. But *Even if they don't* (and the research says they do), they will help prevent your getting MS+ other diseases which you would normally get. Take your pick: MS + Diabetes, MS + Cancer, MS + Heart Disease, etc.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by BigA View Post
                  Thanks for the thumbs-up, tara.

I've just tried Kale for the first time. It's a bit rough to eat uncooked - I've added it to my salads. I will try steaming it.

It's got to be healthy - it has a higher cardboard factor than anything else I've ever eaten
                  The easiest way for me to get in my kale is to put it in the "magic bullet" and puree it, for drinking.

I'm not sure what I'm ruling on? i think a few raw sunflower seeds is a low amount of omega-6...opposed to: using sunflower oil.
                  NutritionTara
                  Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by nutritiontara View Post
                    The easiest way for me to get in my kale is to put it in the "magic bullet" and puree it, for drinking.

I'm not sure what I'm ruling on? i think a few raw sunflower seeds is a low amount of omega-6...opposed to: using sunflower oil.
                    Raisin Bran. What's your feeling on Raisins, vis-a-vis inflamation?

Comment

Working...
                    X