No announcement yet.

Organic or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I eat organic. For me I guess I figure if pesticides are killing the pest what is it doing to me.

I don't want to eat cow that has lived in nothing but its' own manure before being slaughtered. I don't want to eat some dairy cow that a farmer sent to slaughter pumped up with antibotics because it was sick and could not produce milk.

It is difficult if you really get into it. I know exactly what the chickens are feed for the eggs I eat. I know how the girl I get my raw honey from extracts it. I know the meat I eat comes from grass fed cows.

You have to check on that because even though a cow is grass fed it does not mean that farmer did not fatten it up right before slaughter by feeding it grain.

I may sound obsessive but I fell better when I eat this way and I feel it is better for the environment.

Is it expensive? Yes. It is time consuming? Yes.

I feel we are so far removed the process of food production we are oblivious to what is really going on when we should really know what we are putting in our mouths.

Comment

blood type diet

I have been on the blood type diet for over 3 years now (AB non-secretor). I find that it really helps my fatigue when I eat "clean" and I have had no new exacerbations since being on it. I have not been "cured" but I have not gotten worse. I will almost immediately feel more tired if I eat a major "no-no" (like fast food ) It was suggested by my doctor (osteopath not neurologist) and I wouldn't go to the trouble if I didn't think it was worth it (and yes, it is definitely more trouble). I know people want scientific proof before they try something (which is wise, especially with non-food items) but I don't think that a scientist has to have been properly funded before they can tell me if I will feel better by eating a certain way. I just want to find out if it will make me FEEL BETTER, the reason why doesn't need to make sense to me! I am sure my doctor can explain the scientific ins-and-outs but I cannot... (there is the cognition issue here )

Sorry this is so lengthy. I hope it helps...

Comment

Working...
      X