Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could not find info. what words should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not find info. what words should I use?

What are the most important herbs, supplements etc. to take for MS? I hate taking pills but have to do what I can. Thank you for any help.
    Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Hi Snuzzer

Trying to find for you some threads that have members sharing about the supplements that are beneficial to them.

Here's one I've found so far:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=101998

Is this similar to what you are looking for?

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you KoKo!

Yes, that gives me a way to figure out a good combination!

I wish some company would do a supplement grouping for MS and for other illnesses like Lupus, etc. (Like you can buy the Bone Health mix etc. so you only took one or two pills a day to get all the supplements you need. If they can do multi-vitamins couldn't they come up with something like this?

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by snuzzer View Post
        What are the most important herbs, supplements etc. to take for MS? I hate taking pills but have to do what I can. Thank you for any help.
        Starting List
        #1. a whole food B complex
        2. omega 3 fatty acids: flax, hemp oils and fatty fish
        3. Vit D3
        4. Ionized calcium and magnesium
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Tara ... Is it possible for a person who is unable to take calcium (produces stomach problems) to take ionized calcium? Would type make a difference?
          I'm not perfect....just forgiven!

Comment

By far the best spices/herbs are onions and garlic they are strongly anti-inflammatory.
            Inflammation not only increases the damage caused by active lesions, but more importantly allows immune cells (that causes lesions) to cross the blood brain barrier into the brain.

Nutritiondata.com is a great source for food info.

Off the charts are “Peppers, hot chile, sun-dried” but how much of that can you eat, if any.
            I have been using amore sweet pepper they are not nearly as good, but still good.
            Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Google "curcumin multiple sclerosis"

Google "n acetyl glucosamine multiple sclerosis"

Google "alpha lipoic acid multiple sclerosis"

Google "vitamin D multiple sclerosis"

...all are important along with fish/flax oils.

Comment

Thanks

I'm definately no expert about this stuff! Thanks for the help!

Comment

The DIRECT-MS website (www.direct-ms.org) has dietary and supplement recommendations. Click on the Nutrition heading at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by rstowhee View Post
                    Tara ... Is it possible for a person who is unable to take calcium (produces stomach problems) to take ionized calcium? Would type make a difference?
                    Hi rstowhee, Its amazing how many people I see who cannot initially tolerate calcium. Ionized calcium would be the way to start. Calcium lactate is a gentle form. I call it the "baby" calcium; take it on an empty stomach.
                    You didn't say what exactly you mean by "stomach problems"? Clarify, I might be able to give you a better answer.
                    NutritionTara

Comment

Thanks Tara! Specifically, severe stomach cramps to the point of having upper GI tests. Found out by accident that it was the calcium. Dr. recommended Tums, which do not cause any upset.
                      I'm not perfect....just forgiven!

Comment

TUMS is calcium carbonate and is best absorbed with food. Caveat: TUMS will reduce the breakdown of food in the gut by neutralizing stomach acid. Long term its not a good choice for calcium supplementation.
                        NutritionTara

Comment

Working...
                        X