No announcement yet.

How much Vitamin D3 are you taking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks tara. Mine is 54 and I was prepared to lower my dose, but will continue with my high dose. It was 13 when I was first diagnosed.

It's a kind of irony that the same white skin which makes us able to produce ample VitaminD, makes us hide from the sun.

Comment

Just started on 3,000 ius daily.

Comment

1000 in the summer, 2000 in the winter. Unless I forget.
        ~This life is only a test. Had it been an actual life, you would have been given further instructions on what to do and where to go~
        Blessings, Kris

Comment

D3

6,000 in an liquid form from Costco. There is plenty of research that D helps. MS advocates in the UK are calling for more D in the milk so children will get enough. There has been a long range study there that show that vit D slows relapses. They are pretty aggressive in the UK since it has the highest % of MS in the world. Many think it may be ground zero the DNA spread through Europe and eventually here. Who knows. My aunt and 2 cousins have it and we think some in previous generations had it, but it was not diagnosed. My family tree on this side dates back to wales and scotland 1700's. my kin originally settled in New England and have been in colder areas until last generation.

Glad there is a nutrition forum.
          "Either you believe nothing is a miracle or everything is a miracle " (sic)Albert Einstein

Comment

5000 u/ day for now until next blood check

I see an integrative MD who checked my levels and they were low, so he put me on 5000u day. Interestingly, my neuro only told me to take 400u.

Comment

Originally posted by eam123 View Post
              I see an integrative MD who checked my levels and they were low, so he put me on 5000u day. Interestingly, my neuro only told me to take 400u.
              Your old Neuro wouldn't suggest anything more than the FDA reccomends, meaning he didn't believe in VitaminD.

Comment

I am on a prescription of 50,000 U per week, starting out with a level of 7, and after 6 months it was 21. The prescription was renewed and I am still on it a year later, my neuro wants it at 80. I am hopeful that I can go back to smaller doses that are not prescription in my next visit.

Comment

When I saw my neuro a few weeks ago he recommended 4000 iu/day.
                  Interestingly, with all the research into vit D, I had to ask to have my level tested! It had not been done prior to this.
                  If it were not for the discussions here, I wouldn't have known to ask about it - so, thanks!
                  DX 10/2008
                  Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                  Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                  Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Originally posted by Ga dancer View Post
                    I am on a prescription of 50,000 U per week, starting out with a level of 7, and after 6 months it was 21. The prescription was renewed and I am still on it a year later, my neuro wants it at 80. I am hopeful that I can go back to smaller doses that are not prescription in my next visit.

21 is still very low. Also, if you're in the US, you can get D3 in your local drug store and take 5-10k per day. Or 7k if you want the same dose you're taking now.

Comment

D3 rocks!!!

Hello...
                      About 7 years ago I started having shoulder/arm weakness and pain. It became so bad I could barely lift my arm's. I ended up,after several drs., finding out I was severely low in vitD.

I was started at 20,000 IU per day for 3 months. What a difference it's made for me! I now am on 5,000 per day,plus a multi-V.

It's amazing to find how many MSer's take this. I had no idea until I came here!!!

Thank you all for sharing your stories

Comment

Here is some information I ran across regarding Vitamin D3:
                        http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind.asp

I hope some of you find it helpful
                        Diagnosed 1984
                        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Vit d

I am on 50,000 gel tab a month plus 1200 U a day with my calcium. My last test was 47.
                          techie
                          Another pirated saying:
                          Half of life is if.
                          When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
                          Dogs Rule!

Comment

Well this is all as clear as mud I was prescribed 1000 mg by GP, nothing was said by Neuro and I forgot to ask. I guess a phone call tomorrow is in order.

I have been taking 1000 mg D3 combo with 1200 calcium. I have had several flares this year, including the past week, so it looks like more would be better, especially since it's not easy to get out in the sun now.

Interesting post
                            ~Kim in NV~ Dx RRMS on the Spring Equinox 2008 , at age 44. *Aubagio* That which does not kill us only makes us stronger

Comment

Working...
                            X