Ginger for nausea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ginger for nausea

I have been experiencing some occasional nausea over the past couple weeks during the evening. Not sure of the cause. Maybe related to Copaxone which I started 1/18/12 or perhaps some leftover issue from my hysterectomy on 1/26/12. Wondering how I can get an effective amount.

Thanks
    Paula

I use ginger for nausea. There are so many ways you can ingest it. You can buy ginger tea bags, buy ginger in capsule form, eat dried ginger (it tastes really good, it's sweetened), ginger candy, or you can just get a piece of ginger root, and take a small piece (peel it) and chew it.

My sister and her family lived in Central America for many years, and she was the first who told me about ginger for nausea. She said the rural folks would just take a piece of ginger root and suck on it or chew it. I wasn't quite into that, so I started with the other forms, and all forms worked for me, but I eventually got used to the taste of raw ginger, and started just using that since it was quick and easy (and no calories like the sweetened dry pieces, candy, or the tea I'd put honey in.)

I guess it all depends what you like the best and find the easiest to ingest. I don't think you can overdose on it, but it can speed up your heart rate if you eat too much at one time. I have a friend who swears by the ginger capsules (you get them in the health food store) and they have a recommended dosage and you can also buy ginger lozenges at the health food store. I usually just use it on an as needed basis till the nausea eases.

Hope it helps ease your nausea.

Comment

ginger tea

I like to buy ginger root, shred up a bit, add hot water and a little honey. So far this has been doing the trick for nausea and it's less expensive than ginger tea bags.
      Hope this helps.
      Thinking positive thoughts for you.

Comment

I have some Ginger seasoning... Can I sprinkle a little on my food or mix about 1/2 tsp on a spoon and mix it with water??

Chamomile tea is also good for nausea, cramps and headaches.

Ms. Jay

Comment

Working...
        X