No announcement yet.

"MY" vit D DAILY DOSE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know my case is different because I've never been diagnosed with MS, but back a few years ago, my Vit. D level was 26. I was having relapses of neurological symptoms every few months and the residual symptoms were really bad.

My doctor started me on the 50,000 IU pill once a week for eight weeks, and then I started taking 2,000 IU every day after that. Soon I noticed fewer relapses (about twice a year) and the residual symptoms were not as bad.

From June of last year until December, I was taking 10,000 IU of D3 gelcaps (plus some extra that are in my multivitamin and my calcium supplement) four times a week. In December when my blood level was checked, it was 36. My PCP wants it above 40, so she told me to take the 10,000 IU every day, which I've been doing. I've noticed a lot less residual symptoms now to the point where I don't need gabapentin at all anymore and about 20 mg per day less baclofen than I was taking.

I think this is really helping, but I'll know in the spring, which is usually when I have my bi-annual relapses. (Keeping my fingers crossed!)
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
    X