Sugar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sugar

This topic started when I started the dairy free string, but thought I'd continue it here so other people could weigh in too. So we know hfcs and artificial sweetener is not good for us, and that processed white sugar can be inflammatory as well. On the scale then, is turbinado sugar better since it's not as processed as white?
    Diagnosed June 2011, Avonex 7/11-12/11

"We don't describe the world we see, we see the world we describe"

Originally posted by Tinkerbell65 View Post
    On the scale then, is turbinado sugar better since it's not as processed as white?
    Not really.

Here's a good explanation of what happens when sugar--all sugar--is ingested:

http://www.lowcarbmonthly.com/genera...lammation.html

Comment

I can't stomach aspartame, saccharine or stevia(very bitter) so I guess I won't miss them at all since I never used them. I don't mind the taste of sugar but also really love the way sucralose tastes in my coffee. Honey will have to do the trick right now. Honey is sweet, tastes great, and has many health benefits(even if it is Bee puke..lol). I have yet to try it in coffee yet but it does very well in tea, so it can't be that bad in coffee. Has anyone here tried it in coffee?
      Anyways, I use almond milk and that works as a creamer. Set there too.

Comment

Not much better.

Honey and coconut sugar is generally agreed to be the best choices.
        I've been getting into coconut sugar. Its similar to the raw sugar taste.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

I did some research and ordered some coconut sugar from Amazon. I'm not going to tell anyone and see if they notice the difference
          Diagnosed June 2011, Avonex 7/11-12/11

"We don't describe the world we see, we see the world we describe"

Comment

I use maple syrup

Comment

Good job Tinkerbell; sprinkle them w coconut sugar
              NutritionTara
              Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
              X