Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LisaDG View Post
    I thought I would give a short update on changes I have experienced in the last month since the original post.

I read and read and read and decided to go gluten free, eliminate the skim milk I was drinking, try to eliminate dairy all together and add more/new fruits and veggies.

I have succeeded at the gluten free part. I have succeeded at the milk part and am now drinking Plain Almond Milk (Silk). It is awesome and I would drink it even if I didn't have MS. We love it. I already ate quite a bit of fruits and veggies, just increased it a bit. The dairy part... well... let's just say I have cut it back to only eating about 1/8 of what I used to. I haven't eliminated it all together.

Changes have been... within the first week of no gluten and Almond milk..bloat gone completely. By week 3...noticed that I wasn't so hot all the time. Heat is my biggest enemy and I am typically hot all the time unless in the pool. The relief is so wonderful. As of today, I feel pretty great. I feel like I have more energy or maybe don't get so devastatingly tired. I haven't changed anything else. All the same supplements, same exercise etc. I do realize that change in energy could be just a cycle of the MS as well but whatever it is...I'll take it.

This is working for me and may not for anyone else but just in case it may help someone... there is my not so short update.

Wonderful update! Thank you so much for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by diomed View Post
      Speaking of exercise, how does one do that when they are very disabled with MS? I get tired so easy just from walking to the bathroom that I don't even know how I should work out.(this is coming from a former work out queen). It sucks. I am so scared of getting fat and eating the wrong things, I don't eat much at all. However, I actually am never that hungry. This disease sucks. I have had to give up literally 90% of the things I love to do.
      The best place to ask your question about exercise is probably the "Basic Health Matters" forum. We don't get into exercise very much here.

http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58

Comment

I can speak for myself and say my primary forms of exercise are swimming and my pilates machine. Spasticity and heat are my enemies. These two exercises have been my saving grace. I had tried everything under the sun and finally found my answer.

I am sorry you have had to give up so much. There are a few other boards that I am sure can give you as many suggestions as you want. The "Basic Health Matters" , the Occupational Therapy board or the General board will help stir up others who can give you some suggestions too.
        "I'm not sure what heaven will be like, but I know that when we die and it comes time for God to judge us,he will not ask,'How many good things have you done in your life?' rather he will ask,'How much love did you put into what you did?"—Mother Teresa

Comment

Working...
        X