No announcement yet.

MS friendly diet/menu plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea about increasing protein is completely opposite to a treatment plan for MS. I tried that idea and was into problems with repeated UTI's and courses of Cipro antibiotics. I do not believe that increased proteins in the diet is called for in MS.
    Dr. Weil suggests that 10% to 20% of your calorie intake should be from lean protein. too much protein will lewad to inflammation in the bladder and then UTI's follow. All MS diets call for the elimination of all dairy. It is a farse that milk proteins are beneficial to adult humans. In fact, casein, has been recently considered the component in dairy that triggers an 'inflammatory' response in the body.
    Dairy elimination has been proven to be a cornerstone for about 70 years. All of this diet stuff is attributable to Dr. Roy Swank beginning after WWII. That's about 70 years of successful treatments. No drugs, no mortality, just healthy foods. What a concept ! I am not a nutritionist. I just call it like I see it.
    If you think that by eliminating dairy and limiting meat protein will cause a protein deficiency, look it up on the web. Going largely plant based for dietary reasons can bring you much better health. Good luck

Comment

I just got back my lab results and everything is fantastic!

Swank/Jelinek is not a fad diet. Swank has been around for 50 years and Jelinek is based on that, less animal protein.

The best thing is that you don't have to worry about any individual element. If you practice the diet, you don't need to count anything and you will feel great.

Comment

I'm doing the Swank Diet.

Comment

Working...
        X