CoQ10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CoQ10

While in the pharmacy today, I thought it time to pick up another bottle of CoQ10 because I'm out. They were having a 2 for 1 sale, and the prices were from $35 to $45 a bottle. Are you kidding me?

I came home and made some beef liver with onions instead.
    I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Originally posted by jumpinjiminy View Post
    While in the pharmacy today, I thought it time to pick up another bottle of CoQ10 because I'm out. They were having a 2 for 1 sale, and the prices were from $35 to $45 a bottle. Are you kidding me?

Well, it is one of the more expensive supplements.

The place I buy from online, iHerb.com, has it for substantially less (depending on the potency)...but the 2 for 1 sale you found locally cancels out the price break.

I actually take Ubiquinol instead. It's a more bioactive form of the same thing. And it's even more expensive, but to me it's worth it.

I didn't even like liver and onions back before I became a vegan!

Comment

At those prices, I might learn to like beef heart.

Comment

I've always like liver and onions, but it has to be thin sliced and from a source I trust. Funny thing, my son thought it was steak and had to have steak sauce with it. He gobbled it up.

Comment

Just for perspective, we do pay much more for prescription medications unless we have exceptionally good insurance.

There's no reason why supplements should be inexpensive, although it's nice when they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
            Just for perspective, we do pay much more for prescription medications unless we have exceptionally good insurance.

There's no reason why supplements should be inexpensive, although it's nice when they are.
            You have a very good point, Sequoia. In my case, I pay more for supplements every month than prescriptions. Thankfully, I'm down to just three now.

Comment

I use certain supplements in certain situations (dah).
              An umbiquinol situation would be: low cell energy, fatigue, air hunger, muscle weakness and pain (fibro), anyone on a statin drug and even for some brain taumas.
              NutritionTara
              Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jumpinjiminy View Post

Try Qunol's "Ultra CoQ10" from Walmart it is just 13$ for 120 softgels.
                The reviews are great and it has better absorption then the costly condense CoQ10.

For me has lowered my blood pressure so much I no longer take BP med. 120/80 Wahooo
                Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

Sir-Voor, that's where I got it the last time and don't remember it being quite so high. I'll look for your brand. Thanks for the recommendation.

Tara, those sound like me! Would post-exertional fatigue fall into that category? I poop out very easily. It's my biggest issue.

I'm not taking a ton of supplements: D3, daily multi, ALA/ALCAR combo, calcium, and CoQ10. I'm adding in a flax seed combo for omega 3-6-9s and considering NAC.

It would probably help if I took them everyday, but don't. It's more like three or four times a week. Days that my diet is better, I skip them.

Comment

Ooops! I got the $13 price from Wal-Mart’s web site, and I just noticed it was only for a 30 ct.

The bottle I have at home is 120 ct, and I likely paid around $45 for.

I still recommended the brand, and FYI: Amazon has the 120 ct for it $32.59 and is eligible for free shipping.
                    Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

That's okay. I found them on Amazon and have some in my cybercart.

I'm confused about the different forms though. Some say if you're over 45, use one form, if under use the other.

Comment

I get good prices online for my supplements, but I still pay way more for my supplements than I do for rx meds.

~ Faith
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

hi, i get my Q-10 online at iherb, as well as a few other things.mark
                          DX's,MS,1/8/04
                          copaxone

Comment

Does CoQ10 help?

Wondering if the CoQ10 helps and with what? My DH thought I should take it, but I don't have joint pain and the source of my weakness stems from the spinal cord, no??

Thanks.
                            Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
                            Ampyra 10mg 2xday
                            Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Originally posted by jbell2435 View Post
                              Wondering if the CoQ10 helps and with what? My DH thought I should take it, but I don't have joint pain and the source of my weakness stems from the spinal cord, no??

Thanks.
                              If you type CoQ10 or Coenzyme Q10 into the "Search This Forum" box you'll find some older posts/threads on the subject.

I take it myself; it's one of the supplements Dr. Andy Weil recommends for MS, and it was also recommended to me by my acupuncturist (who happens to be a pharmacologist).

CoQ10 is a potent antioxidant, and is also reputed to improve energy levels although I haven't noticed that in myself. Additionally, early research studies indicate it may be of benefit for people with neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's and Huntington's, slowing decline in function and cerebral atrophy.

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/othernuts/coq10/

It has other health benefits not specifically related to MS.

Comment

Working...
                              X