Where do you buy your supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you buy your supplements?

I don't think we are allowed to post links here but I was just wondering where everyone buys their supplements.

My list of supplements is starting to grow and starting to become expensive. Not to mention, I buy from different retail stores so I end up with different brands of everything.

I would like to buy from an affordable online source but I'm also concerned with buying from a reputable source and I get 50,000 different options when I do an online search.

Are we allowed here to mention names of places we buy our stuff at? Like even mention websites without the actual .com addresses?

If I'm wrong and we're not supposed to talk about this here, I apologize. But I would like to get my supplements mostly all from one source. One that has quality products and preferrably not be outrageously expensive.

Thanks everyone!

Hello Melissa

It's ok to mention where supplements are purchased.

I've seen Swansons and Puritans Pride mentioned.

Hopefully you'll get some good responses.

I go to GNC, for no particular reason! (it's close to where I live). I've never ordered online yet.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks KoKo!

Comment

I get all my supplements from iHerb.com online. They have all the reputable brands at deep discounts, free shipping if your order is over a certain amount, and your package arrives quickly.

A word of advice, though...if what you're ordering is heat-sensitive, it's preferable not to do it in the summer when shipping can mean several days of exposure to high temperatures. I order everything I'm going to need for the summer in the spring, then don't order again till fall.

Comment

supplements

I get all my supplements from a local compounding pharmacy where I live.
          Diagnosed 10/10/2008
          On Rebif for 6 months then08/06/2009 started Tysabri!!!
          I love my husband, children, animals, and THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!

Comment

I get all of my many supplements online from Puritan's Pride. Often (like right now), they'll have a buy two, get three free sale. I've always been happy with the price, speed of shipping, and quality of supplements.
            Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
            Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
            Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

After realizing I was getting from different places and having different brands I started staying at one place. I went to vitamin world for a while.
              But now I just go to cvs because if you have their card about every month or 2 they run a buy one get one free. Since I take basic stuff it works out best for me.
              I just take vitamin D, magnesium, omega 3, vitamin B12, and a couple others (i forgot them)

Comment

Thanks for all of your responses!

Sequoia, that is a good point you make about ordering in the spring so that nothing is shipped during the very hot months. I better get my order in now before it gets any hotter. I have never heard of iHerb so I will definately check them out.

Shashi, I did check out the Puritan Pride website last night and I noticed their Buy 2 get 3 deals. That is a great deal!

Red, I will check out CVS. I don't know if they have a cvs near me but I will look online.

Thanks again!!

Comment

Sequoia, I checked iHerb.com for supplements. Is there a certain brand you prefer? Any input would be appreciated.

Jen

Comment

Sequioa makes a good point about hot shipping. Especially for oils. I have to adjust my shipping during warmer times.
                    NutritionTara
                    Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by nutritiontara View Post
                      Sequioa makes a good point about hot shipping. Especially for oils. I have to adjust my shipping during warmer times.

Wondering if you could expound on how we should be researching where we buy vitamins..how do we know if we are getting the best quality if we are shopping price?

Justacowgirl
                      Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

USANA

Several people, including my doctor, have recommend USANA vitamins and supplements. They are more expensive than other brands.

Has anyone tried these?

phoebe.

Comment

vitacost.com

I buy mine online from Vitacost.com......they have some very high quality lines and sales, too. Also, carry 'beauty' aids, creams/lotions, etc. I've been using them for a few years now and they are very reputable.

Comment

Sequoia - I checked out iherb but could only find the B complex Max Stress nano in the 2oz bottle and I have been getting the big bottle from another site. It was the only whole food B I could find....so my question is, which B do you use? Tx!
                            I'm not perfect....just forgiven!

Comment

Working...
                            X