IODINE DROPS WORK WELL FOR MY MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IODINE DROPS WORK WELL FOR MY MS

Hi people, my name is Mike. I have had MS since I was about 24 or something. I am about 44 now. I am disabled due to not being able to walk, hand pain, pain in parts of my body, blindness, and many other nasty symptoms typical of MS. I have taken Copaxone and take Betaseron. I was taking many other drugs too, for pain, muscle relaxers, medicines for bladder control and constipation.
    I began taking iodine drops when there was a Tsunami in Japan that caused their power plants to leak radiation. I took these iodine drops as directed on the package for some protection from radiation. In about a week my digestion went back to normal. After about 2 months the horrible pain in both my shoulders is gone. I continue to take these 2 little drops in my water daily. I have finally found something that actually helps me. My family is blown away. I am too. I thought my pain would never end.

I can toss a ball again. I can go to the bathroom. I saw my doctor and he was a bit surprised by the results. I am telling you that if you or someone you know has MS that iodine drops helps me. Maybe it will help anyone. I hope knowing this helps somebody. It is about $12 for a bottle of liquid iodine. Only take take it as directed on the bottle or box. People, I have some relief finally. After all these years. I don't think my family knew or understood how much pain there was. I wonder what the benefits will be after more time has passed. I have been taking these iodine drops for about 7 months now. I have almost forgotton about my shoulder pain and constipation is a rare thing these days. I take no pain meds and no laxitives. I no longer need them. I wish you the best.

Welcome to MSWorld, Mike!

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Constipation is a symptom of iodine deficiency, so it's possible that you were deficient before beginning to take the drops and correcting the deficiency has gotten you "moving" again.

In fact, iodine deficiency causes hypothyroidism, and many of the symptoms of hypothyroidism are similar to symptoms of MS. Check out the list on the link below from the University of Michigan Health System.

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/aha/umioddef.htm

Some unscrupulous supplement vendors advertise their iodine supplements as a "cure" for a wide variety of diseases, when in fact all that's happening is that hypothyroidism resulting from iodine deficiency is being corrected.

I don't suppose you know what your thyroid function was before you began taking iodine drops? It would be interesting to have that information to compare with your current function.

Comment

hypothyroidism

Sequoia
      Thank you very much for the link and info about hypothyroidism. My doctor(s) did not say anything about that. Maybe because I have been diagnosed with MS years ago. Hypothyroidism is something I could have developed later. I have exhausted every financial option too. I have sold everything for hospital and very expensive treatments. It has been bad. I am going to check this link out. I am still taking iodine as directed on the box. I know nothing about hypothyroidism. I am going to learn right now.
      Mike

Comment

You're welcome, Mike!

Your doctor won't be able to tell if you were hypothyroid before you began taking iodine unless you were tested sometime before then and it's in your records. Definitely a good idea to talk to him about the possibility, though.

It's very possible to have both MS and an underperforming thyroid gland, in which case it's hard to tell which symptoms come from which disease.

Comment

Consider this

To Sequoia's reply and all MS victims like me.

I did read the info at the link you posted. The thing is, I do not have most of those symptoms of hypothyroidism. I do have MS symptoms of course. I was diagnosed by a doctor after many type of tests like MRI, Spinal Tap, etc. years ago.

It is possible after many dollars spent, medicines taken, horrible side effect misery and research that people just do not want to believe that there may be a simple thing that really helps. I will discuss this with my doctor again when I can afford it. He just took a blood test from me. I really needed some physical help and modern medicine was not helping. I have had about 3 different neurologists and several general practitioners in the past 10 years. I will check out other deficiencies and symptoms.There is something with this iodine that helps me. As time goes by I expect to improve. I just wanted to get the word out because no body ever suggest iodine. It was totally an unexpected benefit. I needed it too. My family needed it. Until I figure it out I will keep taking the iodine drops as directed on the box or bottle. You never want too much. I am a bit better. I expect more recovery too.
          Mike

Comment

Mike - Well said. I am glad you found a way to get some relief, and that you are being prudent taking as directed, and not being of the mindset that wow if 2 drops is helping then 4 drops would be even better!

I think it goes to show that many different factors contribute to MS. Some people respond to vitamins D or B12, and some respond to special diets. I sometimes wonder if MS is actually a cluster of disorders that medicine has not been able to separate out. Just a thought.

I haven't heard too much about Iodine other than there is a thyroid link and they add it to table salt =) I have recently read that people Dx with the DH (skin rash) form of Celiac's Disease often need to reduce Iodine (as well as eliminate gluten) in their diet in order to decrease their rash symptoms.

Thanks for the info, I am going to pass it on to a friend who has distinct thyroid sypmtoms and a strong familial element but keeps testing within normal limits, it's worth a try.
            M.
            A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
            Albert Einstein

Comment

To: maitrimama

Thank you for the nice reply. Too many times I have been ignored or laughed at. Please listen to this fact. None of my doctors have told me of any explanation for my past pain and misery except for MS. I have had many blood tests. Thankfully they have told me they are normal. I am open minded and willing to explore new medicine that works. Iodine is the only thing that ever gave me any relief. It has been a very long time. I found this relief totally by accident.

Since there is a possibility my doctors missed something about my health, like an iodine deficiency or whatever else, I am keeping a very open mind about my accidental discovery. It works for me and does not cost an absolute fortune. I bet that drives sales people nuts, knowing they may have missed the chance to capitalize on an opportunity. For me, it is working out and I am a bit better than I was. Still disabled but much less pain.

Thank you, I hope somebody can benefit from knowing this stuff.

Comment

Iodine deficiency is definitely a valid health concern today.
                The most accurate way to test for iodine deficiency is a 24-hour urine iodine load test.

If anyone is dealing with a thyoid issue, it would be appropriate to perform a urine iodine test. (unfortunately most doctors won't test it).
                I see this a lot with peri-menopausal women. There is more circulating unnoposed estrogen, which steals iodine for the estrogen senstive tissue....leaving less for the thyroid gland.
                NutritionTara
                Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Hi Heart!

Dr. Terry Wahls advocates Iodine in her diet. You can do a google or YouTube search to find her videos. She has MS and was confined to a wheel chair. Her diet helped her get out of the wheel chair. Iodine is part of the diet. She says most Americans are deficient in Iodine.

She does a pretty thorough job of talking about different nutrients that the brain needs in order to be healthy, and what nutrients your body needs to help re-grow myelin, etc.
                  "Man's importunity is God's opportunity. He uses our problems as building material for his miracles." ~Corrie Ten Boom

Comment

Thankyou

Thank you for telling me about
                    Dr. Terry Wahls
                    She has videos on Youtube and a site. She says what her diet is, she explains well, and gives me hope when there was little hope except for God, my family, myself & the very rare accidental discovery of anything that made me better, like iodine did (taken as directed on the package)
                    Now, in addition to pain relief and constipation relief, I am already noticing better control of my bladder. To me this a very big deal. I was sick for years before this. I have tried prescription drugs to control this particular problem but they were not affordable and had side effects.
                    As of this morning, I am starting a new diet based simply on what Dr. Terry Wahls says in her videos. I had hope before, and now I have more hope. She is a great example to learn from. I am the exception to the rules of MS. I want complete recovery.
                    Thank you Chicken Mama

Comment

Originally posted by theHeart View Post
                      As of this morning, I am starting a new diet based simply on what Dr. Terry Wahls says in her videos. I had hope before, and now I have more hope. She is a great example to learn from. I am the exception to the rules of MS. I want complete recovery.
                      If you want more detailed information on the diet Dr. Wahls recommends, including a selection of recipes, you might want to pick up a copy of her book Minding My Mitochondria.

I own the book myself, and am finding it well worth the price.

Comment

Originally posted by theHeart View Post
                        Thank you for telling me about
                        Dr. Terry Wahls
                        She has videos on Youtube and a site. She says what her diet is, she explains well, and gives me hope when there was little hope except for God, my family, myself & the very rare accidental discovery of anything that made me better, like iodine did (taken as directed on the package)
                        Now, in addition to pain relief and constipation relief, I am already noticing better control of my bladder. To me this a very big deal. I was sick for years before this. I have tried prescription drugs to control this particular problem but they were not affordable and had side effects.
                        Thank you Chicken Mama
                        I am not yet diagnosed, but have been reading everything I can in order to make the best decisions for myself should I be faced with having to choose medication, treatment programs, etc.

I'm so glad you found the info helpful and that you are feeling better! I found your experiences to be confirmation that what she says could be true.

I had already cut out a lot of the bad stuff, but I haven't been eating enough of the good stuff so I have started eating more of the veggies she mentioned. I have also started to take Vitamin D, and I've found some relief from the debilitating fatigue/depression I've been having.

I will try to find some iodine based on your recommendation and success with it.

So....Thank YOU, Heart!
                        "Man's importunity is God's opportunity. He uses our problems as building material for his miracles." ~Corrie Ten Boom

Comment

Regarding vitamin D

It is my understanding that in order to get some benefits from vitamin D
                          you need Magnesium too,
                          I am not an expert, I saw this information during an MSworld chat between two other people. I did feel a bit better when I was taking Magnesium, then I ran out. I plan on getting more soon. Since you mentioned vitamin D, I wanted to tell you about Magnesium. It is with usually beside the other vitamins available. It takes time to see results. Please take any of these things like is says to on the package. I have seen results 2 days after taking iodine regarding constipation. I have had major reduction in pain about after 1 month of taking iodine. Now it has been about 7 months and I am getting better control of my bladder.
                          I may get vitamin D too.

Comment

Here's a link to information on the relationship between vitamin D and magnesium:

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/news-...and-magnesium/

The author recommends eating green leafy vegetables plus sunflower seeds (or nuts) daily as a source of all the naturally-occurring cofactors, including magnesium, that vitamin D needs to work optimally.

Comment

Heart, I'm glad you are feeling better. Thanks for the info on Magnesium.

Thanks for the link, Sequoia...and thanks, also, for the feedback on the book. I ordered it from Amazon a couple of days ago, and now I'm so glad I did!

Comment

Working...
                              X