Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herbal supplement Skullcap aerial parts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbal supplement Skullcap aerial parts.

I have been taking a herbal supplement with 100mg of Scutellaria Laterifolia (skullcap aerial parts). I saw on the nmss.org website that ms patients should never take skullcap. It can cause hepatotoxicity (liver damage). Is anyone else taking skullcap?

I haven't taken skullcap myself, but I did read that the reports of hepatotoxicity may have been from germander being substituted for skullcap. I don't know if that's true or not.

Anyway, if you're going to continue with the skullcap you might want to also take milk thistle to protect your liver, just in case.

Comment

Milk thistle is an herb originated from plants. The name derived due to its special features having white spot on leaves and also a milky sap. It is widely used to cure chronic liver diseases. Liver is the most important and largest gland of human body. A healthy liver results in healthy body. Herbal supplements acts as a wonderful remedy for liver disorders and other gall bladder diseases.

Comment

Kimmor, why are you taking skullcap? Maybe we might have a potentially less problematic remedy for you.
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Liver is one of the largest glands in our body. The liver diseases can lead to number of other health disorders. Hence it is better to cure the disease at the earliest. Instead of taking skullcap, it is better to have milk thistle for liver damage, as this herb can protect the liver and can heal long term damage.

Comment

Working...
          X