Low fat diet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low fat diet???

I by accident met another person who had MS and we started chatting about our siutations. She asked my symptoms, and I said mainly daily fatigue but it gets much worse if I over do it or are stressed, then I end up in bed all day with a raging migraine and the persistant fatigue. She mentioned she had had MS for 10 years, and me only 1 year. She said she has been on a low fat diet for 6 years, that it helps alot with her fatigue. We both have tried perscription medications for fatigue with no relief. Have you done the low fat diet? Did it help with your fatigue? She also said she takes daily omega 3 supplements. Will that help too? I am willing to try it but dont want to if its not gonna work.. Just would like other people's confirmation that it has helped them too. Sometimes I feel very alone in what I deal with on a daily basis. But coming on here really helps... Thanks..

I don't know about low fat, but for me, no wheat/gluten/carbs has really kept me from crashing during the day. I eat full fat butter, any meat I want, tons of veggies, nuts, and minimal fruit. I think it has more to do with my limited carb and sugar intake and that not affecting my insulin levels and causing me to crash off a sugar high. I feel a lot better on a daily basis, and I found that ALA supplements really help me as well.

Good luck in finding what works for you!

Comment

The Swank Diet, the granddaddy of all MS diets, calls for extremely low saturated fat. So do the Best Bet Diet and the MS Recovery Diet.

Tara, our professional nutritionist, doesn't recommend a low fat diet, rather a quality fat diet. Quality fats are extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, flaxseed oil and organic butter from grass-fed cows.

Pretty much everyone recommends increasing Omega 3 fatty acids by eating salmon, sardines and some other deep-water fish, &/or taking Omega 3 supplements.

As for meat, Tara recommends small amounts, preferably organic, as part of a diet in which vegetables are the mainstay.

Any genuine improvement to one's diet can result in an increase in energy.

Comment

I agree about diet - and exercise. They both help to improve energy.

Of the diets, I follow this one:

http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...gram-Overview/

Comment

Working...
        X