B12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B12?

Since my diagnosis over 1 year ago, I've been taking vitamin B12 at 1000 mcg/day. Within the last two weeks I switched to a different brand and upped to the 1500 mcg/day. Well, within the last two weeks I have broke out with hives, have bruising, and lower back pain. I've only been on full tritration of Betaseron for two months so I thought it could have been that...I've called my Dr and they don't seem to be too concerned, but I will still go see them on Thursday. However, I'm now wondering if by chance it could be an overdose of B12 situation. Just wondering if anyone else had heard of this or has had it??

Originally posted by NEgirl View Post
    Since my diagnosis over 1 year ago, I've been taking vitamin B12 at 1000 mcg/day. Within the last two weeks I switched to a different brand and upped to the 1500 mcg/day. Well, within the last two weeks I have broke out with hives, have bruising, and lower back pain. I've only been on full tritration of Betaseron for two months so I thought it could have been that...I've called my Dr and they don't seem to be too concerned, but I will still go see them on Thursday. However, I'm now wondering if by chance it could be an overdose of B12 situation. Just wondering if anyone else had heard of this or has had it??
    I'm not a medical professional, but from what I've read, hives can be a rare side effect of taking too much Vitamin B12. I haven't seen anything about bruising or lower back pain.

Here's a link to an article about Vitamin B12 overdose:

http://women.emedtv.com/vitamin-b12/...-overdose.html

It's best to have your B12 level checked. Your doctor can then advise you about how much you should be taking.

Comment

Could be an excess??
      Plus we're missing here the importance of the whole B complex.

I know that B12 may be warranted for nerve function but the Bs work better together. You can always take extra B12 with a B complex.
      NutritionTara
      Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

you can't overdose on B12. i take it by injection every 10 days.

Comment

A blood test ordered by neurologist came back indicating a high B12 level. Apparently too much can cause the same problem it fixes when you have too little. I was told to just stick with what was in my regular multivitamin. Yes, it worked.

Comment

Working...
          X