Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swank diet

hi,
    i am new to the message boards. have had ms for 5 years now. my right side is getting useless. i am on copaxone and i started the swank diet last week. has anyone tried this diet? i would love to hear from y'all about your experience, strength and hope, whether on this diet or not.
    thank you.

Hi dorpat...I see you're new here. Welcome to MSWorld!

We do have some members who are on the Swank Diet, and we have some who follow another of the various MS diet regimens, such as:

The Best Bet Diet
    The MS Recovery Diet
    The Overcoming MS Diet

and the more general diets that may be beneficial for MS, such as:

The Paleolithic Diet
    The Anti-Inflammatory Diet

Here are the results of a search I did on this forum for posts about the Swank Diet:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/search....archid=1304626

Hope this helps!

Comment

dorpat,

sorry you're having trouble, but congratulations on finding diet. You should buy Swank's book and read it. There is always something to learn. I've been doing the Overcoming MS diet for 1 1/2 years and feel great. But understand that the main benefits is supposed to be fewer exacerbations.

The great thing about OMS (overcoming multiple sclerosis) is that it presents an entire lifestyle change, including exercise and meditation. I would order the book.

Sequoia - the link didn't work.

Comment

You're right, BigA. I checked it at the time I posted it and it worked, but now it doesn't. Sorry; it was an MS Moment on my part...I forgot that would happen when I logged out.

dorpat, you can do a search yourself by clicking on "Search This Forum" on the right side of the second blue bar down from the top of the main page on this forum, right under the . Enter the word Swank in the search box, specify posts rather than threads, and you should be good to go. (Don't enter Swank Diet, because then you'll get a lot of posts that are about Diet that have nothing to do with Swank.)

Comment

Whatever diet you choose, Swank's book is a delight to read. he was a Neurologist who saw more patients than any of our Neuros will ever see. His recommendations above and beyond diet are worth reading.

Comment

You might enjoy this. It's a News report about Dr. Swank from the 70's or early 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sV7qaBfeQQ

Comment

Working...
            X