• Show
Clear All

:-)

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hope no one gets offeneded by this but just thought I might put a smile on a few faces today, someone sent this to me a while back and I loved it -

Check your shampoo bottle label. I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner!!!! It’s the shampoo I use in the shower! When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body and (duh!) printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning, FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY! NO wonder I have been gaining weight!!! Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start using Dawn dish soap instead. Their label reads, DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I'm switching...

Scooter - thanks for the chuckle. I knew there had to be a reason for my weight gain - I'm switching to Dawn today - Now if it only works.

Comment

Scooter that was amazing!! Thank you so much for that giggle, it was very Muchly needed

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that I am in a very similar boat I'm also 24, and before this hit I'd actually lost a bunch of wait...around 45lbs. Now, I've gained most of it back.

I'm using a forearm crutch and a rollator to move around, so most standard exercises don't work for me. I'm getting ready to start an aquatherapy class, and my PT gave me a list of floor exercises I can do.

One of my other docs just suggested I see a dietitian. Anybody else gone that route?

Anyway, I've digressed Good luck! I hope you find something that works for you.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Keri!!!
              It's nice to know that I am not alone in my age group (not that I am glad you are suffering of course!!!!) it just gets so hard sometimes knowing how young I am!!!!

I personally can't afford to see a physical therapist or anything like that, so I need to find other sources for all of my help and needs... Like MS world!!!

Comment

You can try using healthy diet plans which most suits you. You can have 6-8 meals in a day instead of just 3 meals. Reduce your food intake per meal and have light dinner and a heavy breakfast. Replace fatty food and sweets with salad and fruits.

Comment

Originally posted by KalikaLily View Post
                  Thanks for the reply Keri!!!
                  It's nice to know that I am not alone in my age group (not that I am glad you are suffering of course!!!!) it just gets so hard sometimes knowing how young I am!!!!

I personally can't afford to see a physical therapist or anything like that, so I need to find other sources for all of my help and needs... Like MS world!!!
                  No problem! I understand completely I actually can't afford to see a PT on a regular basis either; the one I saw was really nice and gave me a list of exercises as well as her e-mail address when I'm ready to try more.

And I feel you, most of my friends don't really understand what I'm dealing with, and it's hard to explain that yes, I do need to lose weight, but I can't just jump on a treadmill. That's the most difficult part of all of this...I can't do most things the way I used to. Most of us can't.

Whoops, tangent, lol. Anyway, good luck! Let me know if you hit on anything that works.

Comment

Herbal remedies for weight loss are:

green tea, resveratrol, vitamin d3, evening primose oil, chromium

I do not advocate using all of these at same time. I have had results with both green tea and revesratrol when used seperately. I found the green tea most effective at cutting appetite.

As always consult your pharmacist or drugs.com for interactions before trying any medication- herbal or non herbal.

I am not a naturopath, just a woman who had her dream of being one derailed by cognition issues. So the best choice for advice is a qualilfied alternative health care provider with a license from a reputable school.

be well,

LBJ

Comment

Working...
                    X