ALA/ALC Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALA/ALC Users

Just a heads up, Puritan's Pride, the company where I get my ALA and ALC has a buy 1 get 2 free sale, which is better than their usual buy 1 get 1 free sale. I just bought a year's worth of ALC (1,000 mg) for $48 (six bottles of 60 capsules each).

Check it out!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

i by all of my supplements thru them awsome prices

Comment

Sparky, right now, it's buy 2 get 4 free, an even better deal than the buy 2 get 3 free sale that just ended!

Also, I'm not getting e-mail notifications for some of the threads I'm subscribed to (like this one.) It's been working great for awhile, until just the last few days. Just thought you might want to check it out, in case it's not just me. .

Thanks,

Lisa
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Hi Lisa,

You might want to notify Sparky directly (her email addy is in her Profile) of the problem. She won't necessarily return to this thread.

Comment

thanks Shashi, I was going to go to the drug store tomorrow for buy 1 get 1 free. glad I saw your post. Just placed my order bought 3 got 6 free. much better deal

Comment

Quality of supplements..............my concern

I am NOT trying to put a damper on all this...the fact is that PP has great prices...

I had been buying my supplements from them for a couple of years but recently I stopped. I was really concerned about the quality of the fish oil capsules I was buying. After a couple months in my cupboard and no refrigeration needed....well I started to worry.

So, I am wondering if any are concerned about buying so much in advance and about what kind of supplement we might be taking by the time we get to the sixth bottle on the buy two get 4 free thing.

Regardless..I now buy all my supplements locally and pay more. But, I really feel like the products I am buying are quality products and that I am getting my money in my nutrition.

And, it may just be me but I really feel a difference in the ALC and ALC I am now taking as well as the B's.

Any thoughts?

j
            Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

good point , but how do you know they werent sitting on the sleves in the wearhouse? i just take eveything at less than face value anymore

Comment

Originally posted by lovejoy View Post
                good point , but how do you know they werent sitting on the sleves in the wearhouse? i just take eveything at less than face value anymore
                All supplements have "use by" dates on the bottles. I never buy anything locally that doesn't have a date that's at least a year into the future, and the online source I buy from gives the "use by" date so you know how fresh your supplements are.

One thing I don't do is buy online during the summer months; I get enough in May to last me into September. I don't want my supplements to be in transit for several days in 100+ degree weather.

Any lingering concern about how well a bulk order of supplements will last can be allayed by storing everything in the refrigerator.

Comment

Oh my gosh!!!
                  They ship to Canada!!!!!
                  I Sooooo wish I could afford this right now

Comment

received my 9 bottles today, all have expiration dates of May 2014. I'm stocked for a while!

Comment

Working...
                    X