Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papa Johns gluten free Wings

I never "eat out," but now I know that if I do eat out, I'm going to Papa Johns, because I just found out that they have gluten free "wings." I thought it would be difficult to give up "gluten." But I've been eating really healthy and have not had any problems staying "gluten free."

Originally posted by Marie12 View Post

I never "eat out," but now I know that if I do eat out, I'm going to Papa Johns, because I just found out that they have gluten free "wings." I thought it would be difficult to give up "gluten." But I've been eating really healthy and have not had any problems staying "gluten free."
    That is AWESOME. I don't think I am gluten sensitive but I am still trying to cut down on it.

Ms. Jay

Comment

Marie12....Outback has a great gluten free menu with a terrific dessert! You're going to find more and more dining out opportunities and grocery products available with the increase of those opting for the GF lifestyle. Yay. Thanks for the Papa John's tip. Now...if I find out they make a GF pizza I'm in big trouble. Pizza not good for my weight loss or my blood suger. ha ha ha
      Susie

Eph 3:20-21

Comment

Ms. Jay, you are gluten sensitive; everyone is, they just don't know it yet..........................
        NutritionTara
        Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

They are "roasted" wings.
          Don't be afraid of the waves- Focus on the MASTER walking on the water - you won't even SEE the waves

Comment

I'm intrigued but not yet convinced about universal gluten intolerance or the Paleo diet. And if the Paleo diet is the appropriate diet, would items not eaten by early man necessarily be bad? I read about a group of pre-humans who were forced out of an area and had to adapt by eating seafood only, which they hadn't been eating. Human diets around the world are massively different.

My concern also is that people on the diet are still eating too much food, too much meat and too much fat in general because things are allowed in the diet and they are not eating the proportions that a hunter-gatherer would eat. I'm sure you can get gluten free at papa johns, but is what you eat or the quantity still healthy?

Finally, the hunter gatherer would have been running all day hunting and gathering. Who's to say how healthy a Paleolithic human would be if all of his food was served to him and he sat most of the day?

But I am continuing to read. The fact that some people are intolerant of gluten to the point that it causes an autoimmune condition is no small fact....

Comment

Buffalo's also serves gluten free wings.

Comment

Wings can't be healthy, whether with gluten or not. They're probably fried and are full of fat, even if not fried.

If you're following the MS diet which eliminates gluten, then there's probably tomatoes and other things in the sauce and soybean oil which you also shouldn't eat.

You have to be careful about anything advertised as "Gluten Free" or "Fat Free" or "Sugar Free". There's always a substitute for the missing ingredient. If it's something that's normally unhealthy, then it will still be unhealthy inspite of the missing ingredient.

Comment

What about tomatoes? It is not definitive if they do harm us or not. I think. Besides, if you heat them that inflamtion properties go away, I think.

Comment

How about all things in moderation? if gluten free, meat free, vegy free, fish free, water free or even drinking kangen water worked don't ya think we would all be healthy? How about the Ying and Yang diet? wife did that when she had breast cancer that worked so well she only had to do it for 2 yrs before she died..... PS she was a california health nut prior to the cancer...Unfortunately we are all going to die or get ill if we live long enough, that is just a fact of life. So i say wine women and song or whatever floats your boat unless it brings harm to another

Comment

All I'm saying is that if you're going to be on an MS diet or a healthy diet for that matter, fried chicken doesn't become healthy because it doesn't have gluten in it.

I agree that moderation is the key. At 6 grams of fat per wing, though I'm not sure how many you can eat. Just 5 wings is the same fat as a Big Mac and you're probably still hungry and what else is there to eat at Papa Johns.

I eat gluten and tomatoes. I'm on a different MS diet, which is low saturated fat, Vegan + Fish with nothing fried. I used to eat what I now consider an unhealthy diet. I reccomend trying a complete diet and seeing how great you feel.

Comment

Working...
                      X