Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April 2009 Celiac Vaccine trials in Australia, anyone hear anything on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 2009 Celiac Vaccine trials in Australia, anyone hear anything on this?

April 2009 Celiac Vaccine trials in Australia, anyone hear anything on this? Is this progressing? Does anyone know if this is still underway, or canceled? Interesting 2009 article, just curious

http://www.celiac.com/articles/21788...lia/Page1.html

I'm dealing with celiac well. And even though Tara will not like this statement, I found out that an ice cream sandwich is gluten free. I know, I know, I haven't had an ice cream sandwich in ten years. I never ate ice cream or chocolate. But I did feel really good after I ate it. A ; nutritionist told me I need to have at least 15g of fat every day, and I know with my fruits and vegetables, I barely ever reach 15g. But I'll watch that more closely, because I did really feel good after I ate that ice cream sandwich.

Ice cream sandwiches are only gluten free if the cookie parts have no gluten in them.

It's possible to get non-dairy, gluten-free ice cream sandwiches, and some of them are quite tasty.

There are, however, much healthier ways to increase your fat intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Marie12 View Post
      April 2009 Celiac Vaccine trials in Australia, anyone hear anything on this? Is this progressing? Does anyone know if this is still underway, or canceled? Interesting 2009 article, just curious

http://www.celiac.com/articles/21788...lia/Page1.html

I'm dealing with celiac well. And even though Tara will not like this statement, I found out that an ice cream sandwich is gluten free. I know, I know, I haven't had an ice cream sandwich in ten years. I never ate ice cream or chocolate. But I did feel really good after I ate it. A ; nutritionist told me I need to have at least 15g of fat every day, and I know with my fruits and vegetables, I barely ever reach 15g. But I'll watch that more closely, because I did really feel good after I ate that ice cream sandwich.
      1 egg has ~ 5grams of fat. What are you eating to NOT reach 15grams/day??
      And if you're not at min. 15g/day....ice cream sandwich is the least of your problems.
      NutritionTara
      Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

Working...
      X