Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH ?

HERE MY LIST OF SUPPLEMENTS:
    FISH OIL 1200 MG 360 MG OMEGA-3/B12 500MG/MAGNESIUM 250MG/ACETY-L-CARNITINE 1000MG/ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID 600MG/VIT C 500MG/ONE A DAY ACTIVE METABOLISM/D-3 1000IU/LECITHIN CONCENTRATE 800MG/CALCIUM 1200MG/COQ10 100MG
    WILL BE ADDING NERVE SHIELD NEXT WEEK IS THIS SUPPLEMENT OVERLOAD? THANKS
    I GOT TO KEEP IT MOVIN-
    ;DM.S. + MY STORY = I WILL SURVIVE THIS STORM TOO! AUDREY R

Originally posted by HIPSTER40 View Post
    HERE MY LIST OF SUPPLEMENTS:
    FISH OIL 1200 MG 360 MG OMEGA-3/B12 500MG/MAGNESIUM 250MG/ACETY-L-CARNITINE 1000MG/ALPHA-LIPOIC ACID 600MG/VIT C 500MG/ONE A DAY ACTIVE METABOLISM/D-3 1000IU/LECITHIN CONCENTRATE 800MG/CALCIUM 1200MG/COQ10 100MG
    WILL BE ADDING NERVE SHIELD NEXT WEEK IS THIS SUPPLEMENT OVERLOAD? THANKS
    Its a supplement jumble

Couple suggestions:
    FISH OIL 1200 MG 360 MG OMEGA-3 - OK
    B12 500MG - need a complete B complex...they work together..suggest a whole food B complex.
    VIT C 500MG - does it contain bioflavonoids?
    ONE A DAY ACTIVE METABOLISM....IMO waste of money
    D-3 1000IU - not enough? depends on you number. You have dark skin? you need more in supplement form.
    MAGNESIUM 250MG - increase to ~500/day
    LECITHIN CONCENTRATE 800MG - unnecessary, and most likely rancid
    CoQ10, ALA, A-carnitine, calcium - ok

#1 question - are you digesting and absorbing all these goodies?
    "The better you eat, the less you have to take"
    NutritionTara
    Eat better, feel better and be richer for it.

Comment

B12 500MG - need a complete B complex...they work together..suggest a whole food B complex.
      VIT C 500MG - does it contain bioflavonoids? NO
      D-3 1000IU - not enough? depends on you number. You have dark skin? IM BLACK
      LECITHIN CONCENTRATE 800MG - unnecessary, and most likely rancid-REALLY

#1 question - are you digesting and absorbing all these goodies? YES
      I GOT TO KEEP IT MOVIN-

Comment

Originally posted by HIPSTER40 View Post
        VIT C 500MG - does it contain bioflavonoids? NO
        D-3 1000IU - not enough? depends on you number. You have dark skin? IM BLACK
        LECITHIN CONCENTRATE 800MG - unnecessary, and most likely rancid-REALLY

#1 question - are you digesting and absorbing all these goodies? YES
        Hi HIPSTER40,

You can buy Vitamin C formulations that contain bioflavonoids. Bioflavonoids are natural accompaniments to Vitamin C when you get it from a whole food--say an orange.

Tara probably didn't know you were Black. Sometimes the avatar pictures show up, sometimes they don't. She wondered if you'd had your Vitamin D level checked; that would be a guide to how much you need to supplement.

Yes, lecithin is often rancid. Either it comes that way from the store, or it happens after you get it home. It's very unstable. And if it isn't very rancid you won't be able to tell from the taste or smell, but it'll still be unhealthy for you.

Digestion and absorption are a problem with supplements; they can pass right through the body without doing you any good if your digestive tract isn't functioning properly. Some signs of poor digestive function are gas (both ends), bloating, abdominal pain, floating stools.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Some signs of poor digestive function are gas (both ends), bloating, abdominal pain, floating stools. - MY STUFF DONT FLOAT- I'M SORRY- IVE HAD TEST TO PROVE MY DIGESTIVE SYSTEM IS ON TRACK ETC. MY DR TOLD ME NOT TO TAKE B COMPLEX- Y I HAVE NO CLUE!
          EATING BETTER ADDIN MORE FRUITS AND VEGS INSTEAD OF BEEF I EAT FISH OR CHICKEN BAKED.
          I GUESS TODAY WAS MY LAST DAY ON LECTHIN- THANKS - I LOVE THE FEED BACK- IM STILL LEARNING THIS DISEASE!
          I GOT TO KEEP IT MOVIN-

Comment

I would agree with everything everyone else said pretty much, I 5000 ius daily fo D3 and still can only maintain about a level of 40. While I was on Rebif, even with the same does, I never got over 10, so maybe it makes a difference what drugs you are taking.

I would suggest that each person is different, our diets and metabolism, activity levels, etc. So maybe look around, talk to your doc, and see what you may want to try. But just a few things I have learned over the years that have been helpful are to read labels, it is suprising what you will find may also be in something, and too much of a good thing is not always better.

Comment

Completely unfortunate and ill-informed your doctor tells you not to take a B complex.

We were talking about powdered greens in another thread. You can get a variety of vitamins and minerals with greens.
              NutritionTara

Comment

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS GIVEN ME SOME IMPORTANT INFO- I SPOKE TO ONEE OF MY MSERS AND SHE SAID THE SAME THING EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT-I CAN AGREE TO THAT- IM SO BLESS TO KNOW THAT I CAN CALL ON PEOPLE IN MSWORLD THAT KNOWS THANKS!!!
                I GOT TO KEEP IT MOVIN-

Comment

Originally posted by pearlie619 View Post
                  I would agree with everything everyone else said pretty much, I 5000 ius daily fo D3 and still can only maintain about a level of 40. While I was on Rebif, even with the same does, I never got over 10, so maybe it makes a difference what drugs you are taking.

I would suggest that each person is different, our diets and metabolism, activity levels, etc. So maybe look around, talk to your doc, and see what you may want to try. But just a few things I have learned over the years that have been helpful are to read labels, it is suprising what you will find may also be in something, and too much of a good thing is not always better.
                  vit D is a fat-soluble vitamin and is dependent on fat digestion and absorption. This is the most limiting factor I see with each individual.
                  NutritionTara

Comment

Working...
                  X