Goalposters check in 05-18-2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters check in 05-18-2023

I'm late getting this started this week. Sorry. I'll edit it/update it tomorrow. Meanwhile, feel free to post.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    I'm late getting this started this week. Sorry. I'll edit it/update it tomorrow. Meanwhile, feel free to post.

Hi Mamabug!

I responded to last weeks thread but somehow manage to be a week behind?? Anyhow this week (22 - 26) was a good week. Progress made in applying myself to any and all tasks confronted! and feeling pretty good

As mentioned in previous postings.... More variety in routines, a bit more resistance with machines, some additional time on cardio equipment. Less pain during and after stretching also.

The PT people here are now using the gyms studio for treatment. So I pay attention and adapt their routines. A habit now. Some movements may be wishful thinking. Like hurdles with drop foot!? Yikes.

A new piece of equipment in studio allows for the PT to stretch client / patients legs etc. If no one is using it... I use it for sit-ups (tucking my legs under a corner leg). It's not a decline bench, but lower abs are in play. Upper abs against resistance still on ab machine but now with pyramid resistance increased.

Side 's; Getting a little better at remembering names too. And had my 'wellness check up' a week ago, all is well. Another booster (number 7? )for Covid. Got Shingles Vax also with no adverse reaction after the second shot.

Finally.... sent links for the YouTube clips (Ottoman Exopulse Mollii suit) from Marco's thread to my OD. Her response was favorable. We will see.

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I haven't been able to get on MSWorld for a few weeks.

I have had absolutely no issues with any other website, thank goodness.

I tried everything to get on- cleaned cache, cookies, DNS server, disabled the virus protection and firewall, in private browsing, tried other browsers, etc.

Today it's fixed - I'm guessing that tech support resolved the issue. Hooray!

I've missed everyone!

Some other news - after a year in assisted living, I have now moved (this past weekend) into a nursing home.

My level of care has been increasing, unfortunately.

I've been moving around to the best of my ability, and it's been more and more difficult.

Anyways, I'll make some goals and report next week after I get more acclimated to my new home.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
        Hello everyone!

I haven't been able to get on MSWorld for a few weeks.

I have had absolutely no issues with any other website, thank goodness.

I tried everything to get on- cleaned cache, cookies, DNS server, disabled the virus protection and firewall, in private browsing, tried other browsers, etc.

Today it's fixed - I'm guessing that tech support resolved the issue. Hooray!

I've missed everyone!

Some other news - after a year in assisted living, I have now moved (this past weekend) into a nursing home.

My level of care has been increasing, unfortunately.

I've been moving around to the best of my ability, and it's been more and more difficult.

Anyways, I'll make some goals and report next week after I get more acclimated to my new home.

KOKO!

Boy it's good to hear from you! It wasn't like you to vanish from MSW.... Glad the issue was addressed by your tech people.

The new facility will certainly allow you to continue any movement routines and their PT may have alternate suggestions too. And although the place is new you are the same person! Prayers continue. For all of us.

Jer

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          KOKO!

Boy it's good to hear from you! It wasn't like you to vanish from MSW.... Glad the issue was addressed by your tech people.

The new facility will certainly allow you to continue any movement routines and their PT may have alternate suggestions too. And although the place is new you are the same person! Prayers continue. For all of us.

Jer
          Great to be back on here!

It was so weird to not be able to access MSWorld,

I couldn't even view or open the message boards as a non-member or guest to see how or what everyone was doing.

Very strange! A heckuva glitch for sure.

PT hasn't stopped by yet, but they will, sometime soon.

Yes, prayers for all of us indeed.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Its so good to hear from you.

I'm sorry about the progression of your MS symptoms, but glad you are receiving the care you now need.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
            X