Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters check in 05-11-2023

Goalposters check in 05-11-2023

Nobody really checked in. ​I started the post, but didn't report.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.

Silver Sneakers: 1x
    Went camping for the weekend. Mostly used my power chair, but, somehow, I put more steps on my Garmin those days, so I think that I ended up "moving" more than usual. That's what this thread is about -- increasing our movement.
    PT strength training at home: 2x
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

I apologize for the late check-in. My last post was apparently delayed due to Easter.... And now its the 20th of May!

All aspects of my life are good. The 'keep moving,' physical aspects (gym, etc) are improving. I make the effort regardless of little or no movement at times.

Comprehension is fine too. Remembering things may be better than ever. I continue to 'throw out the trash' and don't waste time on unnecessary anxiety producing concerns.

And a spiritual 'coming of age' has given awareness and clarity along with peace and discipline.

Remember you said 'You do you! ' ? Well you are right of course, we all are who we are but too often fail to transition to who we should be.

Most lament losing who they were and will not accept who they now are. Concerns are; 'Will there be a cure soon?' 'Will I have my normal life back?'. Living a life with MS has as much of a meaning as living a life without MS, otherwise life would not be worth living at all.

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Working...
      X