Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters check in 04-27-2023

Goalposters check in 04-27-2023
    We all reported and are continuing to work on our goals.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Silver Sneakers 1x
    PT at home 1x
    Bike riding with hubby 1x

I'll say that I made goals. But, I really should do the PT weight training more frequently.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Silver Sneakers 1x
      PT at home 1x
      Bike riding with hubby 1x

I'll say that I made goals. But, I really should do the PT weight training more frequently.
      Good effort on accomplishing your goals!

And good luck on increasing your weight training sessions.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I was able to achieve my exercise goals, just barely squeaking by.

Motor fatigue keeps me from overdoing, that's for sure!

Not much pushing is possible once the motor fatigue sets in.

I do what I can, for as long as the muscle / nerve signal strength allows.

Grateful for any strength that I have presently.

Change of season / weather fluctuations here may be messing with the nerve signal transmissions.

It doesn't take much, as I've learned over the years.

I will continue onward....

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage​.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey Roxy!

Originally posted by roxy118
          04-26-2023, 09:57 AM

HI ALL, yea! We get older and the demon progresses. Moving into the spms just makes me angry. I do my pt exercises to keep the stengh but thats about it. Ms has a mind of its own. Ive given up trying to be the avtive person i was 2 years ago. i was hoping for a cure by now. Enjoy the weather ! Roxy
          Hope you check-in again this week!

Were you able to do any physical activity during the week?

Any activity matters: walking, standing for a time, using your arms for a time, light exercising, doing the dishes, cooking a meal, housecleaning, grocery shopping, etc.

Whatever activities you are able to do safely, within your own personal ability to do so, matters.

If you had a week that was kind of challenging, you can share that too.

Looking forward to your report, Roxy!

Comment

Hey, I missed Roxy's post that you referred to. Can you link to it? I can't find it.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Hey, I missed Roxy's post that you referred to. Can you link to it? I can't find it.

Goalposters check in 04-13-2023 - MSWorld Forums

Comment

Working...
              X