Clear All

The Goalposters exercise check-in 02-16-2023

The Goalposters exercise check-in 02-16-2023
    3 checked in. 3 made goals

~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Good for you with achieving your partial goals!

I achieved my exercise goals too. I had a better week than the previous two weeks.

Still, I feel maxed out of strength most days. With muscle loss, that's probably expected.

C'mon remyelination drugs! (pretty please, so my nerve signals can get to my muscles at full speed and strength!)

I am getting more hopeful lately, as more and more researchers are switching their focus towards nerve repair.

The competition among big pharma, to be the first with successful nerve repair drugs, is good for us, and also for many other persons with nerve diseases.

Well. anyways, I'll keep trudging along and continue with my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage​.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Mamabug and KoKo and those who drop in to check on us !

Pretty good week here also. I'll say goals made but with a caveat. My Wednesday has become 'floor / leg' day, spent in studio without machines, just spa balls, matts, barre/mirrors and some free weights.

I'm an hour into it feeling great with my step efforts, ROM and general leg work very good, very rewarding... then realize I had no ankle weights on. Sigh. I continued with a slight smile regardless. Guess the chuckle after recognizing the faux pas was as rewarding as the false sense of accomplishment. Take what you get.

Rest of exercise week went well. Met a fellow with Parkinson's, giving it his all. Inspiring. This kind of thing is becoming as rewarding as my own good days.

Side's; Weather is as fickle as ever. Birds are back. Geese haven't the foggiest where Canada went?! And I'm still smiling. Oh, I second KoKo....

C'mon remyelination drugs! (pretty please, so my nerve signals can get to my muscles at full speed and strength!)​

While we wait, let's keep at it

Comment

Hi Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          Pretty good week here also. I'll say goals made but with a caveat. My Wednesday has become 'floor / leg' day, spent in studio without machines, just spa balls, matts, barre/mirrors and some free weights.
          A pretty good week is pretty good!

Originally posted by 502E79
          I'm an hour into it feeling great with my step efforts, ROM and general leg work very good, very rewarding... then realize I had no ankle weights on. Sigh. I continued with a slight smile regardless. Guess the chuckle after recognizing the faux pas was as rewarding as the false sense of accomplishment. Take what you get.
          With or without weights, you exercised your legs.

A+ anyways for effort, Jer.

And well worth a lighthearted chuckle!

Rest of exercise week went well. Met a fellow with Parkinson's, giving it his all. Inspiring. This kind of thing is becoming as rewarding as my own good days.
          Sounds like the second greatest commandment of the law, 'Love thy neighbor as thyself'.

Side's; Weather is as fickle as ever. Birds are back. Geese haven't the foggiest where Canada went?! And I'm still smiling.
          Jer = + Birds =

Oh, I second KoKo....

C'mon remyelination drugs! (pretty please, so my nerve signals can get to my muscles at full speed and strength!)​

While we wait, let's keep at it
          Agree!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X