Clear All

The Goalposters exercise check-in 01-19-2023

The Goalposters exercise check-in 01-19-2023

Let's check in this week​
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Partial goal.

2 Silver sneakers
    No PT at home.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug, you too KoKo!

Glad you had a partial week. Getting out to S. Sneakers, even just sitting outside gives me freedom. Since the mind is stronger than the body, my mental overcomes anything physically negative.

All physical workouts were accomplished, stretching included. Also faced a request cognitively and spent profitable time reading. Acedia. Had to look it up and then realized this aspect of my life, now past for the most part, had a name!

Anyhow it was a mental workout that was rewarding. In knowing others faced it and in being helpful to a friend.

To be asked for assistance with his problem was lifting to begin with since our MS often appears as a 'Do Not Disturb' sign to a healthy robust person.

A good week! Hope the remainder of winter goes as well as the first half. Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hello everyone!

With the utmost effort, I achieved my exercise goals.

Physical activities are quite a challenge these days, but I am grateful that I can still move (even when maximum effort is required).

Consequently, due to all of the energy exerted, I have no trouble sleeping (or eating)!

Nothing out of the ordinary to report this week, and that's ok with me.

My sister and brother-in-law came for a very nice visit.

I am staying with the same exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello Mamabug!

Good for you on achieving partial goal!

PS - Are any of your family members football fans? Kansas City Chiefs might get to the Super Bowl (again) this year!
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            All physical workouts were accomplished, stretching included.
            Fantastic!

Originally posted by 502E79
            Also faced a request cognitively and spent profitable time reading. Acedia. Had to look it up and then realized this aspect of my life, now past for the most part, had a name!

Anyhow it was a mental workout that was rewarding. In knowing others faced it and in being helpful to a friend.

To be asked for assistance with his problem was lifting to begin with since our MS often appears as a 'Do Not Disturb' sign to a healthy robust person.
            Being of service to others is key to happiness! Well done, Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79
            A good week! Hope the remainder of winter goes as well as the first half. Let's keep at it!
            Good weeks are wonderful! Hoping we all have a wonderful one this week!

Winter seems to be moving forward quickly, and it has been 'not too shabby' here either.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Hello Mamabug!

Good for you on achieving partial goal!

PS - Are any of your family members football fans? Kansas City Chiefs might get to the Super Bowl (again) this year!
              My nephews and in-laws are HUGE Chiefs fans. My husband and I, and our kids, don't watch sports much. But he watches KC when they are close to the Superbowl.

BTW, KC Chiefs are in Kansas City, MO not Kansas. But no one in Kansas seems to care. We claim them anyways.

My son in law is a broncos fan, so he is like a fish out of water here in Kansas. Lol
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                My nephews and in-laws are HUGE Chiefs fans. My husband and I, and our kids, don't watch sports much. But he watches KC when they are close to the Superbowl.
                The final playoff games and Superbowl are the most fun to watch anyways.

Originally posted by Mamabug
                BTW, KC Chiefs are in Kansas City, MO not Kansas. But no one in Kansas seems to care. We claim them anyways.
                Good choice! 28 states do not have their own NFL teams, and Kansas is one of them.

Originally posted by Mamabug
                My son in law is a broncos fan, so he is like a fish out of water here in Kansas. Lol
                Well how about this - Ohio has 2 NFL teams, the Cleveland Browns and the Cincinnati Bengals, but I'm a Detroit Lions fan!

Detroit is closer to Toledo (which is on the Michigan / Ohio border) than both Cleveland and Cincinnati.

Same with baseball. Ohio has the Cleveland Indians (changed their name to Guardians now for political correctness) and the Cincinnati Reds, but family (including me) have been Detroit Tigers fans for generations.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  Hey Mamabug!

The final playoff games and Superbowl are the most fun to watch anyways.

Good choice! 28 states do not have their own NFL teams, and Kansas is one of them.

Well how about this - Ohio has 2 NFL teams, the Cleveland Browns and the Cincinnati Bengals, but I'm a Detroit Lions fan!

Detroit is closer to Toledo (which is on the Michigan / Ohio border) than both Cleveland and Cincinnati.

Same with baseball. Ohio has the Cleveland Indians (changed their name to Guardians now for political correctness) and the Cincinnati Reds, but family (including me) have been Detroit Tigers fans for generations.

lol. Another fish out of water. :-)
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

lol. Another fish out of water. :-)
                    True enough!

Comment

Working...
                    X