Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Goalposters check-in (12/12 through 12/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters check-in (12/12 through 12/23)

Goalposter check-in (12/12 through 12/23)

The Goalposters Exercise Check for weeks of 12/12 through 12/23

Two weeks.... Wishing everyone a great Christmas or Chanukah!

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know​​​ how you did.

Hi everyone https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Hope you're staying safe and warm and well!

I've been keeping up with my exercises, and have been achieving my goals.

I feel like I'm maxed out physically on most days.

Currently, no need to wonder if I should add more activity!

Can't think of anything out of the ordinary to report.

Supposed to get a haircut tomorrow (if the stylist can get here in the snowstorm).

Well, if anything interesting comes to mind, I'll stop back.https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sticking with my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi KoKo!

Great week(s!) in your report! And as you mentioned, regardless of the cold - things that needed doing got done. I stayed warm and comfortable too with only one hiccup this past Wednesday.

I skipped a gym session (but not my early AM stretch) to meet a friend for cocktails and dessert at a local place. Had no expectations other than catching up... the resulting great time was a true treat! She mentioned later that it was nice to “let my hair down” and just enjoy the moment. Guess that I had a moment too. So... my 'out of the ordinary' moment!

As to exercise... without details my routines are less regimented but still disciplined. Makes sense right? Anyhow, I find myself leaning toward range of motion much more. Was not a planned approached but the result is a more rounded routine, a better sense of accomplishment and sometimes... walking might be closer to normal? Emphasis on sometimes.

Mamabug! I noticed you started a thread for this past week but I wanted to reply to K. Hope your last two weeks were successful! So I'll second KoKo... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

That means you too Boudreaux

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79
        I skipped a gym session (but not my early AM stretch) to meet a friend for cocktails and dessert at a local place. Had no expectations other than catching up... the resulting great time was a true treat! She mentioned later that it was nice to “let my hair down” and just enjoy the moment. Guess that I had a moment too. So... my 'out of the ordinary' moment!
        Wonderful! Glad that you were able to enjoy a true treat (meeting with a friend) for the holiday season!

Originally posted by 502E79
        As to exercise... without details my routines are less regimented but still disciplined. Makes sense right? Anyhow, I find myself leaning toward range of motion much more. Was not a planned approached but the result is a more rounded routine, a better sense of accomplishment and sometimes... walking might be closer to normal? Emphasis on sometimes.
        Adjusting our exercises to fit our needs (sometimes even from one day to the next) is essential. We know our strengths and weaknesses best, and knowing this, it is wise to be in tune with what we need to work on, at any given time.

The important thing is that we keep on keepin' on!

PS. - I have really enjoyed this past year with our goalposter / exercise thread. Thank you!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post

The important thing is that we keep on keepin' on!

PS. - I have really enjoyed this past year with our goalposter / exercise thread. Thank you!

Me too KoKo!

Don't have words adequate enough to do justice to how you and others here at MSW lift me, often at the exact right time....

Truly Blessed!

Jer

Comment

Working...
          X