Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goalposter check-in (11-14 through 11-25)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposter check-in (11-14 through 11-25)

The Goalposters Exercise Check for weeks of 11-14 and 11-18-2022

Two weeks... not sure if we all checked in

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know​​​ how you did. zz0.8x8bgneyk3bzz

Hello Jer and everyone!

Mamabug ~ I hope all is well with you and yours. We've been missing you!

My exercise report for the past two weeks is not too shabby.

Other than the 'more physically challenging than usual' times (a couple of them during both weeks), I've been managing well.

I was able to accomplish my exercise goals, thankfully.

I've been stepping up my daily recognition of when things go right for me, sending 'thank you's' out into the universe many times throughout the day.

This practice sure helps with my emotional, mental, spiritual, and even physical state of being.

I am convinced that the exercises that I do are beneficial. Especially keeping up with regular core work, as my trunk muscles want to continue to weaken.

Off topic, I had a nice Thanksgiving. My sister and brother-in-law brought a fantastic meal!

Hope you are all doing well.

I'll continue with my current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Hello Jer and everyone!

Mamabug ~ I hope all is well with you and yours. We've been missing you!

Faith, What is happening out mid west? Hope all is well with family closer....

My exercise report for the past two weeks is not too shabby.

Other than the 'more physically challenging than usual' times (a couple of them during both weeks), I've been managing well.

I was able to accomplish my exercise goals, thankfully.

Me too KoKo! Fortunately the challenges were thought about and resolved.... Glad for the patience that was necessary, it paid off.

I've been stepping up my daily recognition of when things go right for me, sending 'thank you's' out into the universe many times throughout the day.

This practice sure helps with my emotional, mental, spiritual, and even physical state of being.

I am convinced that the exercises that I do are beneficial. Especially keeping up with regular core work, as my trunk muscles want to continue to weaken.

YES! It can often be a minute by minute litany of gratitude....wholeheartedly uplifting! Keep at the core stuff too K!

Off topic, I had a nice Thanksgiving. My sister and brother-in-law brought a fantastic meal!

Hope you are all doing well.

Nice to hear that your sister got over to visit especially with a bag of goodies!
      ​​

Comment

A lot was accomplished even during the Holiday week. I stuck to my normal schedule: 5 days stretching routines, under 2 hours total, 3 days at gym, 90 minutes each visit.

Since I bought the scooter, I use it on Wednesdays (my dedicated leg / core day... sometimes floor (ugh) exercises). Feels great when I can just ride home after a thorough workout. Please keep in mind that I know my limits... even with scooter... or Thursday could become a real question mark.

And to reiterate KoKo's comment. Across the board my physical effects my mental, spiritual lifts my emotional.... All connected! All brought into play. My choices! Even when things don't go quite as I wished, I still feel gratitude for being able to give it a shot.

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
          A lot was accomplished even during the Holiday week. I stuck to my normal schedule: 5 days stretching routines, under 2 hours total, 3 days at gym, 90 minutes each visit.
          Staying on schedule, when possible, with exercise always feels s-o-o-o much better than when the routine is interrupted for any reason.

Ya done good!

Originally posted by 502E79
          Since I bought the scooter, I use it on Wednesdays (my dedicated leg / core day... sometimes floor (ugh) exercises). Feels great when I can just ride home after a thorough workout. Please keep in mind that I know my limits... even with scooter... or Thursday could become a real question mark.
          When you think about it, the scooter is actually enabling you to continue exercising, as opposed to taking away exercise.

At first glance, we tend to think that mobility aids take away rather than enhance.

Hey, we can only expend so much energy, and extra walking tends to use our energy all up in no time, taking away from other physical activities.

And to reiterate KoKo's comment. Across the board my physical effects my mental, spiritual lifts my emotional.... All connected! All brought into play. My choices! Even when things don't go quite as I wished, I still feel gratitude for being able to give it a shot.
          Well said, Jer!

Let's keep at it!
          Right on!
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

When you think about it, the scooter is actually enabling you to continue exercising, as opposed to taking away exercise.

At first glance, we tend to think that mobility aids take away rather than enhance.

Hey, we can only expend so much energy, and extra walking tends to use our energy all up in no time, taking away from other physical activities.

You are right of course, I just fail to look at it properly.

To focus my energy on walking (and the accompaining physical tasks) requires sacrificing additional walking..... Yikes! There's a chuckle here somewhere isn't there?

Thanks for the "Ya done good!"

Comment

Jer

I probably shouldn't have said 'we', since those of us with MS aren't exactly the same.

Let me say that 'I' have limits with my walking.

But I love being upright and walking, no matter how difficult.

It's just that after a while, my legs will stop moving (motor fatigue) and I'm wiped out.

So, putting myself in your shoes, a scooter would help me to have the energy to go to the gym to exercise, and make it back to the apartment, since I didn't exhaust myself from the extra walking.

I could still walk for exercise, at other more appropriate times, when energy is totally devoted to just the walking.

Makes sense?

Comment

Jer

I probably shouldn't have said 'we', since those of us with MS aren't exactly the same.

Let me say that 'I' have limits with my walking.

But I love being upright and walking, no matter how difficult.

It's just that after a while, my legs will stop moving (motor fatigue) and I'm wiped out.

So, putting myself in your shoes, a scooter would help me to have the energy to go to the gym to exercise, and make it back to the apartment, since I didn't exhaust myself from the extra walking.

I could still walk for exercise, at other more appropriate times, when energy is totally devoted to just the walking.

Makes sense?
                KoKo, yes it makes sense. I got it the first time, sorry if my response wasn't clear. Just pointing out the paradox; using a scooter to get to use a treadmill....

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

KoKo, yes it makes sense. I got it the first time, sorry if my response wasn't clear. Just pointing out the paradox; using a scooter to get to use a treadmill....
                  Yes, a paradox indeed and only sensical to us!

Although to be honest, wouldn't you say that the treadmill workout is somewhat different from your everyday walking?

Comment

Yes, a paradox indeed and only sensical to us!

Although to be honest, wouldn't you say that the treadmill workout is somewhat different from your everyday walking?

Yes (sensical to us) and yes the treadmill isn't as good as everyday walking, but safer.

It has an advantage over the ellipictial though. I'm forced to pick up my drop foot. Ellipictial is good cardio and leg strength / endurance but does very little for drop foot....MHO.

Comment

Sorry that I've been MIA. Life just gets busy. My desktop was down for awhile too. Although I can post on my phone, I prefer my desktop, so that's part of my excuse.

I started a new thread for this week.
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                      X