• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 11-10-2022

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 11-10-2022

3 checked in.

1 made goals.
    2 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know​​​ how you did.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hey everyone!

Hope you're doing well, in spite of the challenges.

I achieved my exercise goals, with plenty of effort put into them.

Some days I feel more confident than others. I guess it's due to the better days vs the more challenging days.

When my body movements are smoother, and my balance and strength are better, I naturally feel more confident.

The tricky part is keeping a confident, calm countenance during the times that my body movements are more challenging.

Plenty of opportunities to work on it...

I'll stick with my current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Partial goals.

1 Sliver Sneakers
      1 PT at home
      Average steps per day: 1144
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi KoKo & Mamabug!

Seems like we are all either partial or 'in the zone' as the weeks go by. Have to take what we get.

At one point I may have mentioned Seneca (Only the wise man is content with what is his. All foolishness suffers the burden of dissatisfaction with itself.) Good to keep in your heart on those more challenging days.

I'm going to say I made my goals although there was less time spent. I did a lot of adjusting 'on the fly' this week. Never was a problem shifting gears pre MS, but it has thrown me off my game plan post MS. Not so this week.... Maybe less time spent but I recalibrated and made the effort.

What was done was done well or at a decent level. High points were cardio and mental acuity, although the only recent weekly change has been the Review section (WSJ).

Funny short story.... I had a wellness appointment which is what they call a physical/blood work thing after you pass 65.

Anyhow there was a cognitive test consisting of remembering a few words, then drawing a clock with the time she requested followed by repeating the requested words. Simple, right? I drew the clock flopped! Noticing I did this I said nothing, and drew flopped hands to reflect the time she asked for....

She read the time, asked for the initial words (no problem) and only when I told her did she notice the clock face... and she laughed ! My kind of doc!

Let's keep at it.

Comment

Good job with exercising, Mamabug and Jer!

Making the effort is always commendable.

Originally posted by 502E79
          I drew the clock flopped!

Jer, what does 'drew the clock flopped' mean?

Sorry for my ignorance.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Good job with exercising, Mamabug and Jer!

Making the effort is always commendable.

Jer, what does 'drew the clock flopped' mean?

Sorry for my ignorance.

12 & 6 were stet... otherwise the right side numbers descended on the left clock side and vice versa. View your analogue clock in a mirror.....

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79
              12 & 6 were stet... otherwise the right side numbers descended on the left clock side and vice versa. View your analogue clock in a mirror.....​

Got it!

Comment

Working...
              X