• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 10-27-22

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 10-21-22

3 checked in.

2 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know​​​ how you did.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals.

1 Silver Sneakers
    2 PT at home.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Good job on achieving partial goals.

I accomplished my exercise goals, but it was not an easy feat.

For the past year or so, deficits resulting from MS progression have been gradual and sporadic, but are fully apparent now, at this time.

Everything I do physically takes great effort and super focus, every day.

The more challenging times used to occur occasionally at first, then maybe once a week, then a couple of times a week, and now they are daily. Such is the nature of MS progression.

Not going to entertain a sour attitude, though, as that will not help matters.

Taking each day as it comes, focusing on the abilities that I do have.

I'll tackle the current exercise goals again for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X per day @ 20 - 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (10 each X2) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises (with varied # of reps)

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Mamabug and KoKo!

M, Glad your week included the PT at home. Doesn't it always seem easier to 'skip' in the confines of your own space?

And K... a totally honest, frank assessment of PP. Sobering.

Separating circumstances from disposition is a blessing we share! That 'Not going to entertain a sour attitude' should preface any Goal poster thread. Thank you for a reminder of the right way to handle adversity.

For my part I can say that a week that looked like a serious loss turned around almost a 180°! I did lose a day at gym but that day (ADLs) was the only one. Cough and some congestion was near gone by Wednesday. Prayer certainly helped. So was my acceptance of a 'lost week'. Somehow whatever change was in play was fine. Guess I felt that I knew the body well enough or that it was in better hands than mine from the beginning.

So a partial for me but somehow I knew it would work out? Really don't know how that happened as it did but in some way believe that it will continue to do so!

Comment

Hi Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79
          For my part I can say that a week that looked like a serious loss turned around almost a 180°! I did lose a day at gym but that day (ADLs) was the only one. Cough and some congestion was near gone by Wednesday. Prayer certainly helped. So was my acceptance of a 'lost week'. Somehow whatever change was in play was fine. Guess I felt that I knew the body well enough or that it was in better hands than mine from the beginning.

So a partial for me but somehow I knew it would work out? Really don't know how that happened as it did but in some way believe that it will continue to do so!
          Wow, what a fantastic report, Jer!

I love when situations turn out much better than we imagined!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hi Mamabug!

Good job on achieving partial goals.

I accomplished my exercise goals, but it was not an easy feat.
            Thanks. Sorry that everything is getting harder. Yeah; that's the way it seems to go.

~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Hi Mamabug and KoKo!

M, Glad your week included the PT at home. Doesn't it always seem easier to 'skip' in the confines of your own space?

And K... a totally honest, frank assessment of PP. Sobering.

Separating circumstances from disposition is a blessing we share! That 'Not going to entertain a sour attitude' should preface any Goal poster thread. Thank you for a reminder of the right way to handle adversity.

For my part I can say that a week that looked like a serious loss turned around almost a 180°!
              Yeah, i know, right? Harder, sometimes, to make myself do things at home.

Glad for your 180 week.

~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
              X