X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 05-12-2022

3 checked in last week.
    3 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week,or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.

Average steps 1649 per day.

PT at home -- legs 3x. Only did arms 1x.
    Didn't do Air squats; I should get back to that. It's so easy and quick.
    Silver Sneakers 1x.
    Bike riding with hubby 1x.
    Babysitting a few times. Not terribly active, but it was something.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug,

You had a pretty nice week with more steps than usual lately and some outdoor stuff always brightens the day.

Made my goals also even though they were not set in stone, it was a good week.

On gym days I figure an average of 3000+ steps. 3x this week. Finally counting steps to & from gym (1000). Non gym days... can be as little as 1700 to 2500. This week I also did elliptical for 8 minutes (1/4 mile, ? steps) with some resistance. Haven't done this in a long time, feel great as I type this but tomorrow will be the test.

Stretching in apartment 4 days plus the 3 days at gym, total about 100+ minutes.

Floor exercises with ankle and wrist weights (1 pound) about an hour this week.

Upper body using equipment with my new increased amount of additional resistance, 30 to 50 reps on 6 machines.

Core work.. 60 reps (4 fifteens) at a high resistance.

And one day at gym I did additional machine leg work... without any pain the following day. Happy that legs appear to be handling the return to previous benchmarks, but still am avoiding the pool walking etc....

Figured I'd get detailed this week. We all need to pump ourselves up, eh?

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hello Mamabug and Jer!

Nice workout week for both of you!

I achieved partial goals with the walking and with the arm, leg, core and back exercises. I was able to do the stretching and breathing work daily.

The PT came this week and we worked on sit-to-stand transfers to wheelchair (will be going to dining room in the wheelchair).

I'll be at the new place on Monday. I feel good about having assistance available at any time that I need it.

I also feel better about not having to lean on my family so much, as my needs for help have been increasing.

Well that's it for now. Let's hope for, and plan on, having a good week.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Koko -- A big change for you! I hope the transition to the new place goes smoothly.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
            Koko -- A big change for you! I hope the transition to the new place goes smoothly.
            Yes indeed, a huge change from how I've been living for the past several years.

I was always on the go, and very 'sociable', before I had to stop driving.

Then I learned to enjoy mostly peace and quiet.

Now, back again to sociable.

Thank you for your kind words, Mamabug.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Hello Mamabug and Jer!

Nice workout week for both of you!

I achieved partial goals with the walking and with the arm, leg, core and back exercises. I was able to do the stretching and breathing work daily.

The PT came this week and we worked on sit-to-stand transfers to wheelchair (will be going to dining room in the wheelchair).

I'll be at the new place on Monday. I feel good about having assistance available at any time that I need it.

I also feel better about not having to lean on my family so much, as my needs for help have been increasing.

Well that's it for now. Let's hope for, and plan on, having a good week.

KoKo!

The coming week will work out fine. For me, being social at times, can be exercise !

And at other times it has been a learning experience, especially important for a guy like me.

Having assistance around is certainly a plus. You may notice more discipline on your part too! Even more goal posting?!

I'm at 6 months in my new digs and invigorated by establishing a "new" life.

Hey, I liked the old KoKo but KoKo.2 .... Watch out world!

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                You may notice more discipline on your part too! Even more goal posting?!
                Could you elaborate a little on these statements (not quite sure of the meanings)? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  Hey Jer!

Could you elaborate a little on these statements (not quite sure of the meanings)? Thanks.

Sure!

For me the move was a fresh start. Not having people I know see the continuous decline due to MS was appealing. I believed not having any "eyes" on me would free me to focus on what needed to be done.

So, first discipline to apply myself. Not just physical but the mental, social and most importantly spiritual interactions. Remember, everything... people & place were new! So my goal was to be the best me possible.... Jer 2.0 !

Pride unfortunately came with me... but my humility is getting some exercise. There are all sorts of people here (all sorts of problems). I fit right in!

So, true to the Goalposters thread.... 6 months now of making my goals!

Comment

Gotcha! Thank you for the excellent explanation, Jer 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X