Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 04-14-2022

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Goalposters Exercise Check In 04-14-2022

    3 checked in last week.

    2 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.


    ​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

    Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
    .

    - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

    #2
    Hey everyone!

    Hope you're feeling well, both physically and emotionally, all things considered.

    Gave myself yet another attitude adjustment this week.

    It's best for me to nip it in the bud, so to speak, before my mood has a chance to turn sour.

    I've been dealing with some issues, and contemplating assisted living.

    I was going to stay with my sister and brother-in-law after they built an accessible home.

    Their house plan didn't work out, so they are moving to Columbus, OH where all 3 of their kids live, and also their first grandchild too.

    They are definitely doing the right thing, as they are seniors as well.

    I'll be ok, whatever decision that I need to make.

    Anyways....I did accomplish my exercise goals, thank goodness.

    The Tizanidine seems to be helping, as I notice easier walking and easier stretching as well.

    However, the afternoon time is still very difficult for me. I just can't figure it out!

    My PT said that there is something called 'neuronal peaks and valleys'. I'll have to do some research on that one.

    I guess the afternoon is my 'valley' time??

    Well anyways, I will stick with my current exercise goals for next week.

    Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 4X per day @ 30 min each+ Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

    4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

    May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.
    PPMS for 24 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      Gave myself yet another attitude adjustment this week.

      It's best for me to nip it in the bud, so to speak, before my mood has a chance to turn sour.

      I've been dealing with some issues, and contemplating assisted living.

      I was going to stay with my sister and brother-in-law after they built an accessible home.

      Their house plan didn't work out, so they are moving to Columbus, OH where all 3 of their kids live, and also their first grandchild too.

      They are definitely doing the right thing, as they are seniors as well.

      Hi KoKo! Knowing that we need to adjust attitude, exercise, habits, whatever is half the battle. And things never become as dire as we first imagine.

      Friends and relatives, as well as you and I, find our proper place when guided by love. There is always far more in play than we realize.


      Originally posted by KoKo View Post

      I'll be ok, whatever decision that I need to make.

      Yes you will.


      Originally posted by KoKo View Post
      ....I did accomplish my exercise goals, thank goodness.

      The Tizanidine seems to be helping, as I notice easier walking and easier stretching as well.

      However, the afternoon time is still very difficult for me. I just can't figure it out! https://www.msworld.org/forum/image/...EAAAICRAEAOw==

      My PT said that there is something called 'neuronal peaks and valleys'. I'll have to do some research on that one.

      I guess the afternoon is my 'valley' time??

      Happy about the easier walking / stretching... my thoughts go to the length of the day when you speak of afternoon difficulty.

      Naps (your suggestion) have allowed me a second wind, so I can make it until bedtime... or the next valley?

      Your PT comment reminded me of "In my day we would walk 5 miles to school, in snow... uphill both ways!"


      Made my goals. 3 days total 3.5 hours at gym. Mixed safe exercise (complete body) with care as to the legs, but did work them. 4 days of stretching in AM, at apt. and 10 minutes at end of gym routines.

      Somehow I am still walking to and fro? There have been instances where I felt I cannot walk well in apartment but, once in the hallway, a straight "step-and-repeat." I manage a slow amble!

      Lets keep at it! Hey Mamabug, how was your week?









      Comment


        #4
        Made my goals.

        Silver sneakers 1x
        PT at home 2x legs 1x arms
        I guess I'll also count babysitting. Daughter's family was sick much of last week, and adults needed me to watch the boys sometimes when they had other things scheduled.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

        Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
        .

        - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          Made my goals.

          Silver sneakers 1x
          PT at home 2x legs 1x arms
          I guess I'll also count babysitting. Daughter's family was sick much of last week, and adults needed me to watch the boys sometimes when they had other things scheduled.

          Personally would put babysitting near the top of the list as to exercise.... Happy Easter Mamabug & congratulations on making goals.

          Comment


            #6
            Hey there Jer

            Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Hi KoKo! Knowing that we need to adjust attitude, exercise, habits, whatever is half the battle. And things never become as dire as we first imagine.

            Friends and relatives, as well as you and I, find our proper place when guided by love. There is always far more in play than we realize.
            Well said, Jer!


            Originally posted by 502E79
            Happy about the easier walking / stretching... my thoughts go to the length of the day when you speak of afternoon difficulty.

            Naps (your suggestion) have allowed me a second wind, so I can make it until bedtime... or the next valley?
            Makes sense, but I still have difficulty after a nap.


            Originally posted by 502E79
            Made my goals. 3 days total 3.5 hours at gym. Mixed safe exercise (complete body) with care as to the legs, but did work them. 4 days of stretching in AM, at apt. and 10 minutes at end of gym routines.
            Super!


            Originally posted by 502E79
            Somehow I am still walking to and fro? There have been instances where I felt I cannot walk well in apartment but, once in the hallway, a straight "step-and-repeat." I manage a slow amble!
            Free, open space easier to navigate so perhaps the signaling to muscles can get into a smoother rhythm (fewer turns to make and less stops and starts)?

            PPMS for 24 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              Made my goals.

              Silver sneakers 1x
              PT at home 2x legs 1x arms
              I guess I'll also count babysitting. Daughter's family was sick much of last week, and adults needed me to watch the boys sometimes when they had other things scheduled.
              Terrific job on making your goals, Mamabug!
              PPMS for 24 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

              Comment

              Working...
              X