• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercises Check In 03-17-2022

3 checked in last week.

2 made goals.
    1 made partial goals.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Partial goals again.

Less strength training than I should have.
    And, almost 1200 steps, but not quite.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      Partial goals again.

Less strength training than I should have.
      And, almost 1200 steps, but not quite.
      Good job on accomplishing partial goals!

Keep on keepin' on!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hope you're getting along as well as possible, taking life one day at a time.

I was able to achieve my exercise goals, and they went well.

My foot is improving nicely, and I was able to be up on my feet for 30 min 3X each day.

I'm trying not to put as much pressure on that foot, but it's not easy to do.

Consequently, walking and moving about is slower than ever!

Oh well, I guess moving slowly is better than not being able to move at all.

I'm glad that my other exercises are not affected by my foot issue. Leaning on that foot during walking is the primary source of discomfort.

My exercise goals for next week will remain the same.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) As Tolerated (due to sore foot) + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Mamabug and KoKo!

Regardless of partial weeks, both of you kept at it! I too could say partial but only because of not pushing a very good week by tempting fate. Laying off the pool walking and a few other things still but...

5 days stretching in apt, about 80 minutes total. Plus 30 minutes over 2 gym sessions on their stretching apparatus, which allows me to hold a pose! Pain giving way to something very close to normal?! KoKo - happy your foot pain has gotten a bit more tolerable too.

60 + minutes doing ADL routines which covered a fair amount of leg stuff (squats, sit-to-stand, ankle weights etc) and....

Used all leg equipment available, at normal reps, with near normal resistance. Also did 5 minutes on elliptical. No problems afterwards or the next morning! Maintained all upper body routines too. Only negative was weakness in legs while returning to apartment after sessions. This has been the "new normal" for years, trivial in comparison to not moving at all.

Trumpet fanfare here: Discovered the auxiliary gym on campus! Tiny but closer to my apartment. Mostly upper body & cardio equipment but... there is a rowing machine! Yeah: legs / arms / cardio in one machine. Will add to my list but will approach with caution.

A good week made better by being able to spend some time outside!

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Hi Mamabug and KoKo!

Regardless of partial weeks, both of you kept at it! I too could say partial but only because of not pushing a very good week by tempting fate.
            I was able to achieve my goals, Jer.

Originally posted by 502E79
            5 days stretching in apt, about 80 minutes total. Plus 30 minutes over 2 gym sessions on their stretching apparatus, which allows me to hold a pose! Pain giving way to something very close to normal?!
            Fantastic job with stretching!

60 + minutes doing ADL routines which covered a

fair amount of leg stuff (squats, sit-to-stand, ankle weights etc) and....

Used all leg equipment available, at normal reps, with near normal resistance. Also did 5 minutes on elliptical. No problems afterwards or the next morning! Maintained all upper body routines too.
            That's wonderful to know, Jer!

Trumpet fanfare here: Discovered the auxiliary gym on campus! Tiny but closer to my apartment. Mostly upper body & cardio equipment but... there is a rowing machine! Yeah: legs / arms / cardio in one machine. Will add to my list but will approach with caution.
            Serendipity!

A good week made better by being able to spend some time outside!
            Nice!

Comment

Always appreciate your positivity KoKo!

Maybe the foot pain relief you have been experiencing will blossom! This coming week you may surpass the normal up-and-about 5x daily... do I here a six?

Positivity is a two way street.

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Maybe the foot pain relief you have been experiencing will blossom! This coming week you may surpass the normal up-and-about 5x daily... do I here a six?
                Not quite ready for that yet, Jer.

I'm sticking with the 'as tolerated' goal for now.

Comment

Working...
                X