Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-In Thread 03-10-2022

3 checked in last week.

3 made goals. Some goals were revised. That is always OK.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goal of strength training. Only 958 average steps per day. I had COVID last week. My daughter brought it from Canada. I had a very mild case, almost symptom-free. But, because I couldn't leave the house, my steps were less than ideal.

I used my FAR infrared sauna dome 2-3x a day every day, following exposure. I was concerned because my 23andMe genetic info indicates that my body only gets rid of about 50-60% of the amount of toxins that most people's bodies eliminate.

My functional medicine doctor indicates that, usually, that is adequate. But, that if I am exposed to mold, COVID or other toxins, it could be an issue. So, I utilized my sauna dome extensively, to eliminate COVID toxins. I have no idea if that contributed to my mild case or not. But, I'm grateful that I had only mild, occasional cold symptoms -- nothing else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Good job achieving your strength training goal! Your step average was pretty good too!

I'm glad for you that the virus symptoms were mild, thanks to the vax and booster.

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

Hope you're enjoying the simple things in your life!

I was able to accomplish my exercise goals, thankfully.

Still dealing with a sore foot, although it is much better.

Using a gel cushion in my shoe, and also an ankle support brace. Taking Aleve to keep the inflammation and pain down.

Been up and moving about only as much as I need to be.

My sister has been coming over to get my meals ready. I've been able to get breakfast myself for the past couple of days, since my foot has been improving.

Shouldn't be much longer until the foot is ok.

Now, how to keep from leaning so hard on that foot while taking steps....

I will stay with my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) As Tolerated (due to sore foot) + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          Made goal of strength training. Only 958 average steps per day. I had COVID last week. My daughter brought it from Canada. I had a very mild case, almost symptom-free. But, because I couldn't leave the house, my steps were less than ideal.
          Probably an Omni variant... glad the issue worked out without any real inconvenience. You did well Mamabug!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hope you're enjoying the simple things in your life!

Everyday I remind myself or better said... It has become natural, a common occurrence. Necessary these days.

Another week without nautical adventures... next week!

I used three strength machines (legs) with almost normal resistance and reps (@ 3 sets, 10 ea per machine). No painful muscle contraction the next morning. Improving all week! Also walked a bit more around campus. Hardest thing was not pushing it at the end of week. Trying to take a bite at a time requires descipline I don't always have.

Also did some ADL (light) activities for an hour. Sit-to-stand (legs), crunches (core), Planks with Spa ball (glute / core) & some other stuff. Floor exercise!... the hard part was getting on & off the floor!

Upper body, core, stretching with attention to form / breathing was the remainder of week.

Do not believe I am overdoing it. So far all is good.

Should add that life around here is getting better too. I look out at the tops of nearby trees and see a hint of red buds! Grass is moving to green! And...Although it is snowing... only 3-4" expected. Pre move: No buds till late April with Hay for grass covered by 10" of white. Colder at 1000 ft too.

A good week, made my goals and will try to maintain some descipline next week too.

Lastly; naps. Not daily but when I remember... can add 30 or more minutes to my nightly zzzz's!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              I used three strength machines (legs) with almost normal resistance and reps (@ 3 sets, 10 ea per machine). No painful muscle contraction the next morning. Improving all week! Also walked a bit more around campus. Hardest thing was not pushing it at the end of week. Trying to take a bite at a time requires descipline I don't always have.

Also did some ADL (light) activities for an hour. Sit-to-stand (legs), crunches (core), Planks with Spa ball (glute / core) & some other stuff. Floor exercise!... the hard part was getting on & off the floor!

Upper body, core, stretching with attention to form / breathing was the remainder of week.

Do not believe I am overdoing it. So far all is good.
              Looks like you had a marvelous exercise week, Jer!

And you're able to get on and off of the floor too!

Originally posted by 502E79
              Should add that life around here is getting better too. I look out at the tops of nearby trees and see a hint of red buds! Grass is moving to green! And...Although it is snowing... only 3-4" expected. Pre move: No buds till late April with Hay for grass covered by 10" of white. Colder at 1000 ft too.
              Spring has sprung.

A good week, made my goals and will try to maintain some descipline next week too.
              Super effort with your exercising, Jer!

Lastly; naps. Not daily but when I remember... can add 30 or more minutes to my nightly zzzz's!
              Nice!

Comment

Working...
              X