The Goalposters check-in thread 01-20-2022

3 checked in

2 made goals
    1 is working on setting new goals
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Hi Mamabug!

How are you doing? Hoping that you have a few ideas as to your goals. It is harder in general during winter months to get motivated. Too much gray / brown. Sigh.

My week went pretty well despite a few realizations. Got 4 sessions of stretching in (80 minutes?) in addition to stretching bars at the gym. Can hold a stretch longer. Nice.

Working upper body more, legs less, core about the same. Had to sacrifice a dedicated day to legs and lower body, as I hinted at last week. Holding on to hope for reestablishing older routines in future.

Overall a partial week. No clock watching at all but still believe less time spent exercising, sadly just as tired. Still no pool usage ever since overdoing leg resistance work. Over 2 weeks now.

Sleep has been evasive, more so because of a cavity or dropped filling yesterday. Reaching a new dentist, on a Friday.... It's going to be a long weekend. Some days you're the bug, other days the windshield.

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      My week went pretty well despite a few realizations. Got 4 sessions of stretching in (80 minutes?) in addition to stretching bars at the gym. Can hold a stretch longer. Nice.
      Yes, very nice indeed!

Working upper body more, legs less, core about the same. Had to sacrifice a dedicated day to legs and lower body, as I hinted at last week. Holding on to hope for reestablishing older routines in future.
      Great effort, even with the modified leg work. Doing what you can, being aware of your body.

Good luck with your dental issue. Hope it all goes really smooth for you.

Some days you're the bug, other days the windshield.
      True enough!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

Hope you're all doing well.

I achieved my exercise goals. Very grateful for that.

Nothing much exciting to report. Thankful for no predicaments this past week. Hooray for that!

My older sister and brother-in-law came over. Put on a new shower sprayer, as the old one had sprung some leaks.

They brought some pizza, of which I ate 3 slices (pepperoni, mushroom, jalapeno). Deelish!

They're all trying to put some much needed pounds on me.

Anyways, I will continue on with my current exercise goals.

Daily:Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Thankful for no predicaments this past week. Hooray for that!

Good for you KoKo!

...a new shower sprayer, as the old one had sprung some leaks.

They brought some pizza, of which I ate 3 slices (pepperoni, mushroom, jalapeno). Deelish!

They're all trying to put some much needed pounds on me.
          Yeah, its the little things.... Showers still feel great although, like all things it takes extra care. Pizza with toppings. Living large K. I'm eating far better than before but haven't noticed any difference in weight / clothes sizes!?

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

I need to be reminded of this more often lately. Thanks KoKo.

Comment

I met my goal. Which was only to document activity and to try to come up with a plan to exercise.

Well ... I tried. So far, I don't have any great solution. But, I did exercise a little bit. It's better than not at all.

Last week, I did PT at home 2x. And, a Youtube exercise video once. I considered going back to group exercise, but wearing a mask. However, I attempted wearing a mask while exercising at home, as an experiment, and it didn't work well.

I guess my only possible plan is to try to exercise at home. No promises. I'm absolutely not good at doing that. I just cannot seem to find the motivation.

I also don't really have other movement activities that happen at home.
            - I don't garden. Well ... maybe nobody does in January.
            - When I visit my daughter in Canada, I have to do basement stairs to get to my bedroom and the family room. Not going to happen anymore. She's moving to Kansas next month.
            - Maybe after she is here, I'll get some exercise. Fewer stairs in their new house, because it's a split level. But, maybe more frequent stairs to their family room when I visit. And maybe more activity when I play with grandchildren more frequently. But none of those changes will happen, yet, until the end of February -- more than a month away.

Average steps per day: 1112. Less than the 1200-1500 goal that I usually set.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey Mamabug!

You made the effort and did accomplish some exercise. So good for you!

As for motivation to exercise at home, try not to make it such a boogeyman.

You can do it.

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the update Mamabug. You're doing fine, something is always better than nothing!

Even thinking about what you have done in the past can inspire you as to what you would like to do in the future.

The necessity of acting upon our plans is and always will be the hard part. Others would gladly give you what is necessary, if they knew, if they could... but they have no idea. Regardless of their intentions they cannot help. It's up to you. I cheat or maybe i'm smart despite my simple mindedness. I ask God and accept what I'm given.

The important part is to ask, acting out the part given isn't as hard once you've received direction.

You were named Faith remember!

Comment

Working...
                X