The Goalposters 11-25-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters 11-25-2021

Oh wow. I'd thought that I needed to do it post last week here. But when I checked, it looked like I'd done it already. I guess I had my dates mixed up.

Big oops!

Well, let's just start from scratch with posting last week's accomplishments. And ... , Go.

​​​​
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goal.

1 silver Sneakers
    1 Senior balance
    1 YouTube

2 PT at home.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug ~ You achieved your exercise goals! Terrific!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello everyone!

I accomplished my exercise goals (and then some).

A very challenging week for me physically, which I got through ok, thankfully.

Discovered a few tweaks for some of my physical activities, which has made them a little easier.

Definitely need patience, calm, and courage!

One day at a time....

I will keep my current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Well you guys are still at it! Brava!

I tried this week to get back at it but am going to claim the mid week holiday as excuse... Y'all know that is partially true!

One day stretching. One day at new gym. Total time for all 2 hours. If I count walking to & fro... 2.75 hours. Gotta chuckle, right?!

Do like the hydraulic equipment but it is heartless. You dial in resistance and therefore can adjust for the poor side. Right arm / leg in my case. During exercise, some equipment doesn't even recognize that my right arm is present! I cannot establish a ROM sufficient to form a benchmark. WoW! Talk about a bruised ego.

One can still use the machine(s) but set at zero or 1 or 2 in my case. So my benchmark will be 2 or 3. Left arm still good (90%) although dexterity appears slower.

Need to decide on cardio machines. Thinking of doing less distance due to walking back to my apartment. Will see!

Let's keep at it! Hey Seasha & Boudreaux, drop a line... how was Turkey day?

Comment

Hello Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            One day stretching. One day at new gym. Total time for all 2 hours. If I count walking to & fro... 2.75 hours.
            You sure do a lot of walking.

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Need to decide on cardio machines. Thinking of doing less distance due to walking back to my apartment. Will see!
            That makes sense, especially if you have only so much leg time available (like I do ).

If your legs can withstand the walking, however, then go for it.

Comment

Working...
            X