Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 10-07-2021

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 10-07-2021

    4 checked in last week.

    3 made goals
    1 made partial goals


    ​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

    Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
    .

    - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

    #2
    Did not make goals. I'm not even willing to call this week a partial goal.

    Goals I had set:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

    Goals I accomplished:
    - No group exercise. 1 day it rained and I decided not to go. 1 day, I had a somewhat awful dentist appointment and I was just done for the day. One day, I tried to go to Senior Balance, but when I arrived, it was cancelled.
    - PT at home 2x
    - Average steps per day: 838. I wear my Garmin on my arm and it does not have a mileage tracker so it tracks arm movements that I do when I go exercise. So, lack of exercise definitely affects fewer recorded steps.

    Next week's goals:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.

    Another goal for next week: Make my goal!
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

    Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08
    .

    - Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

    Comment


      #3
      I didn't make my goal either, Mamabug.

      After last week and all the harvesting and putting up foods that I did almost every day, I wore myself down. Subsequently, I caught a cold and have been laying low and recharging my batteries. This is what I mean about pacing myself! But, when the harvest comes along, you do what you have to do!

      Feeling good now and will strive to make a goal of at least 3 days of activity/exercise for next week.
      Hope all is well with you all!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

      Comment


        #4
        Hello everyone!

        Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        - No group exercise. 1 day it rained and I decided not to go. 1 day, I had a somewhat awful dentist appointment and I was just done for the day. One day, I tried to go to Senior Balance, but when I arrived, it was cancelled.

        Mamabug ~ Looks like your week was kind of frustrating. Dentist appointment - yucky! Rainy days - also can be - yucky! Finding out about a cancellation after you're there - yucky again!

        Hope next week goes wonderfully smooth for you Mamabug!


        Originally posted by Seasha
        After last week and all the harvesting and putting up foods that I did almost every day, I wore myself down. Subsequently, I caught a cold and have been laying low and recharging my batteries. This is what I mean about pacing myself! But, when the harvest comes along, you do what you have to do!

        Seasha ~ Understandable! Get a good rest, and hopefully you'll have some good energy next week Seasha!


        ~~~ I achieved my exercise goals (although not as strenuous as the goals of 'you all').

        My overall week went well, with some days better and some days more challenging. I guess it all evened out in the end.

        I am getting to really like uneventful times (less stress) - guess I'm getting old.

        I know full well that, whatever life circumstances we find ourselves to be in, - 'this too shall pass'. So remember to fully savor the smooth-going times that come your way.

        My exercise goals for next week will remain the same.

        Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

        4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

        May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​
        PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by KoKo View Post
          Hello everyone!


          I know full well that, whatever life circumstances we find ourselves to be in, - 'this too shall pass'. So remember to fully savor the smooth-going times that come your way.
          Amen to this KoKo! Good work again this week!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

          Comment


            #6
            Well I'm a bit late again, but enjoy reading what appears to have been another pretty good week, despite Mamabugs cancellations, Seasha recharging, and KoKo's (everyone's ?) ups and downs.

            Somehow had an insane week of those "ups and downs," mine being emotional but I got my sessions in. The sole failure was missing a one day stretch routine, other 4 went well.

            Near 5 hours at gym over 3 days. Used a few pieces of equipment I hate... funny how I now love to do something I hate! Never at the time but later during contemplation... love it.

            Cardio was successful too, but no new records. Legs still dicey.

            I could go into the emotional aspects but surrifice it to say selling a home, planning the move, without knowing availability of where you are going.... Yikes! All good currently, will probably toss something into my CCRC thread, think of it as a segue, since I now have a date to move in! YES!

            Let's keep at it! And Boudreaux! - give us a shout-out son!

            Comment


              #7
              Gosh, Jer~~it's amazing you were able to keep up your routine with so much on your plate! Perhaps the exercises kept you on an even keel with all the emotional roller coaster you've been on. Kudos to you! Good luck with all that lies ahead
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

              Comment


                #8
                Hey there Jer!

                Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Somehow had an insane week of those "ups and downs," mine being emotional but I got my sessions in. The sole failure was missing a one day stretch routine, other 4 went well.

                Near 5 hours at gym over 3 days. Used a few pieces of equipment I hate... funny how I now love to do something I hate! Never at the time but later during contemplation... love it.

                Cardio was successful too, but no new records. Legs still dicey.

                All things considered, you had a superb week of exercising!


                Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                All good currently, will probably toss something into my CCRC thread, think of it as a segue, since I now have a date to move in! YES!

                Terrific! What a relief that must be for you.

                PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Gosh, Jer~~it's amazing you were able to keep up your routine with so much on your plate! Perhaps the exercises kept you on an even keel with all the emotional roller coaster you've been on. Kudos to you! Good luck with all that lies ahead

                  Seasha, I think you are right as to "Perhaps the exercises kept you on an even keel..." And as an addendum, all exercise regardless of being physical, spiritual, intellectual, whatever we practice plays a part in our wellbeing. Personally I would be lost without faith.

                  KoKo, Yes it is a relief in a lot of ways and I do feel lifted or blessed. That said I know there is more to come. There is always more.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Hello everyone. Glad to see you guys still at it. Challenges you experienced were enough to throw anyone off Mamabug. Consider it a rest week after your successful harvest Seasha. Nice work hitting that target Koko. Solid work Jerry, just do 1 extra this week to make up.

                    I've been hit or miss, not really tracking and doing what I can when I can. Still moving slow, haven't ran in over 6 weeks down to 1 day a week of PT and not training Jiu Jitsu.

                    In other news. I had an MRI on October 5th and unlike the previous 4 years there was new activity. One new little 3mm fella in my posterior right frontal lobe. I don't ever get the contrast so no way to tell if there is any active stuff happening.... Keep it moving.
                    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Good to hear from you, Boudreaux, but sorry to hear of your new MRI activity - that's not the kind of activity we strive for
                      Here's to a restful time for you and a full recovery. Please take care!
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Hey Boudreaux!

                        I'm sure your 'slow down' hasn't been easy for you.

                        Keep on taking good care of yourself, and doing what you can, when you can.

                        Are you still tracking your sleep?

                        Myelin does its best repair with good sleep. I've been trying to improve my sleep quality and duration lately.

                        If interested, here's an article about myelin repair and sleep.

                        "Researchers Luisa de Vivo and Michele Bellesi explored the role of sleep and wakefulness in healthy myelin plasticity. They found that myelin maintenance and regeneration benefit the most from the undisturbed process of sleep. They also corroborated studies that show the brain struggles to generate and maintain healthy myelin in cases of untreated sleep disorders or sleep deprivation."

                        Need to Know: Sleep and Myelin Plasticity - Multiple Sclerosis News Today

                        Anyways, Boudreaux, please continue to let us know how you are doing.

                        We're all here for you, and each other.




                        PPMS for 23 years (dx 1998)
                        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X