• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in for 09-23-2021

5 checked in last week.

5 made goals
    Good to hear from you, Boudreux.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I'll be the first this week Mamabug! Drum roll....

It is a shorter week as to exercise than I would have liked but my activities of daily living still include an up coming move and all that goes with it.

So.... only 2 days, 3.5 hours total at gym. Normal split between upper / lower body. Always do core work too. And 25 minutes, each visit, for cardio (heart health). Did 5 days of stretching at 25 minutes each also, some better than others. Walking remains poor at best.

Considering all that happened with weather playing a part, I'm OK with this shortened exercise week. Again friends are playing a huge part in getting things done. Example: All of my kitchen cabinets & draws... gone to my friends daughter, who does cook, and not to a landfill or flea market.

Let's keep at it!

Comment

Hi everyone!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
      I'll be the first this week Mamabug! Drum roll....

It is a shorter week as to exercise than I would have liked but my activities of daily living still include an up coming move and all that goes with it.

So.... only 2 days, 3.5 hours total at gym. Normal split between upper / lower body. Always do core work too. And 25 minutes, each visit, for cardio (heart health). Did 5 days of stretching at 25 minutes each also, some better than others. Walking remains poor at best.

Considering all that happened with weather playing a part, I'm OK with this shortened exercise week.

All things considered, you are doing a fabulous job, Jer!

It's wonderful that you have friends to help lighten your load (literally).

~~~ Short and sweet report here.

I achieved my exercise goals, and thankful for that.

After my most welcome string of above average days (physically), I did have 2 days that were more challenging last week.

Got through them A-OK, and I'm functioning better now.

Nothing new or different to report. Doing my best, one day at a time, with an ever present attitude of gratitude - even when I don't particularly feel like it. It never fails to help me.

I am going to keep the same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made goals.

Goals I had set:
        - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
        - PT at home once or twice
        - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished:
        - Exercised 3x. 2 Silver Sneakers. 1x Senior balance.
        - PT at home 2x
        - Average steps per day: 1254.

Next week's goals:
        - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
        - PT at home once or twice
        - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Fantastic week everyone!

I had an ok week, a goal but barely. worked in the garden cleaning up beds, harvesting and some canning foods left me physically exhausted to do much else and there's still much that needs to be done. Thought it would be raining more so I could do more housework, but that didn't happen. Some stretching (not enough) and only one time (2hours) childcare.

I seriously need to pace myself and can't wait for garden work to be done!

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Mamabug!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
            Made goals.

Goals I accomplished:
            - Exercised 3x. 2 Silver Sneakers. 1x Senior balance.
            - PT at home 2x
            - Average steps per day: 1254.
            Mamabug ~ Looks like you had a fantastic exercise week. Great job on accomplishing your goals!

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              I had an ok week, a goal but barely. worked in the garden cleaning up beds, harvesting and some canning foods left me physically exhausted to do much else and there's still much that needs to be done. Thought it would be raining more so I could do more housework, but that didn't happen. Some stretching (not enough) and only one time (2hours) childcare.

I seriously need to pace myself and can't wait for garden work to be done!
              Seasha ~ It isn't always easy trying to pace ourselves while doing activities, especially when our energy and functioning ability can vary so much from day to day, and even hour to hour.

You do a heck-of-a lot, which always amazes me (and makes me exhausted to think of all that you accomplish!)

Hope you're able to rest and feel rejuvenated soon.

Comment

Working...
              X