X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 09-16-2021

4 checked in last week.

4 made goals
    And; yeah. We're all wondering about Boudreux. Hope everything's ok.

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.

Goals I had set:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished:
    - Exercised 3x. 2 Silver Sneakers. 1x Senior balance.
    - PT at home 2x
    - Average steps per day: 1627. A few more than usual. I used to set my goal at 2000, so I'm not there, but it's good to see that it was better. Likely, the reason is that I had more activity over the weekend than usual.

Next week's goals:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post

Made goals.

Goals I accomplished:
      - Exercised 3x. 2 Silver Sneakers. 1x Senior balance.
      - PT at home 2x
      - Average steps per day: 1627. A few more than usual. I used to set my goal at 2000, so I'm not there, but it's good to see that it was better. Likely, the reason is that I had more activity over the weekend than usual.
      Mamabug ~ Looks like a super successful exercise week for you, with bonus steps. Fantastic!

~~ I achieved my exercise goals as well, and was a little bit more active too.

I had some extra good days (with physical functioning), despite eating some birthday celebration foods (that typically are not in my diet).

Extra good days, by my definition, are days whereby I can move around much easier than usual, with very few times of motor fatigue and other annoying symptoms such as vertigo and spasticity.

I guess I'm just lucky that short term breaks from my diet have no ill effects on my MS symptoms (except when I have super hot pepper foods).

Overall, I had a wonderful week, and I'm thankful for it. I'm learning to really savor such times.

I wish you all bunches of days to savor as well.

I will carry on with my current exercise goals, for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

WANTED - Mr. Boudreaux!

An APB (All Points Bulletin) has been sent out!
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

Congratulations on your extra steps Mamabug! I need to get a device to measure my steps on days I don't hit the gym. You are an inspiration!

KoKo, birthdays are only once a year so splurge! I still have an occasional martini more often than once a year, guaranteed! Glad your week was good, fluid and without any vertigo. Vertigo has been rare for me and I am truly grateful.

Slightly less cardio time this week but more mix as to equipment. Smiling here.
          Core work was poor day / good day, and I've no understanding as to why.
          Stretching similar to core but overall a solid week (5x over 5 days, 25 minutes each).
          4.5 hours at gym (3 visits) mixing upper / lower body routines. Like days of old but humidity is back! kids back on campus ! ! ! Tried to add a few things (ADL like) and realized they were not as doable as they use to be. Another example of use it or lose it. MS is a sneaky thief in this sense.

Overall am happy that I continue. Not happy with more apparent decline (leg). But am pleased to notice a mental tendency to accentuate the positive more often than in the past. Refreshing and a blessing.

Other news: Accepted an offer on home but a few more hoops to jump through yet. Housekeeper here now. From what I hear is sounding upbeat regardless of ongoing domestic issues.

Lots still in the works but somehow my routines, be they at gym or home or even social, have varied but are consistent enough. Another smile!

Comment

Gold stars for everyone
            Fantastic work!

I made my goal. Pretty much the same as last week. Rains have descended upon us for this week, so will spend less time in the garden and more time putting up foods and indoor cleaning.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              Slightly less cardio time this week but more mix as to equipment. Smiling here.
              Core work was poor day / good day, and I've no understanding as to why.
              Stretching similar to core but overall a solid week (5x over 5 days, 25 minutes each).
              4.5 hours at gym (3 visits) mixing upper / lower body routines.

Looks terrific, Jer! Good for you.

Tried to add a few things (ADL like) and realized they were not as doable as they use to be. Another example of use it or lose it. MS is a sneaky thief in this sense.

So true.

Overall am happy that I continue. Not happy with more apparent decline (leg). But am pleased to notice a mental tendency to accentuate the positive more often than in the past. Refreshing and a blessing.

Very wise, and it sure feels a heck-of-alot better than when dwelling for too long on negatives.

Other news: Accepted an offer on home but a few more hoops to jump through yet. Housekeeper here now. From what I hear is sounding upbeat regardless of ongoing domestic issues.

Good thoughts for you and house sale, and also for your housekeeper.

Lots still in the works but somehow my routines, be they at gym or home or even social, have varied but are consistent enough. Another smile!

Comment

Hi Seasha!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                I made my goal. Pretty much the same as last week.
                Great job on achieving your goal!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                Rains have descended upon us for this week, so will spend less time in the garden and more time putting up foods and indoor cleaning.
                Good luck with your activities!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Looks like all you guys did great. So great to see y'all accomplishing your goals.

I've been licking my wounds at home for the last few weeks. Diet discipline went out the window a few months back and it was the first domino to fall in a series.

Long story short, I haven't been able to do much and have been taking advantage of my short term disability for the last few weeks.

Right now the focus is daily stretching, PT twice a week, cleaning up my diet and getting my supplements back in check.

Keep it going.

​​​
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

It's good to hear from you, Boudreaux! Sorry to hear of your recent setbacks, but I know you will do what you can to get back on track. Stretching, diet changes plus supplements will surely help pave the way!

Thinking of you. Please take care.
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Boudreaux!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                      Right now the focus is daily stretching, PT twice a week, cleaning up my diet and getting my supplements back in check.
                      Excellent goals to strive for. You can do it.

We're rooting for you, Boudreaux!

May blessings descend on you and your family.

Comment

Boudreaux! Great to here from you, and the goals you are aiming at.

Guess I could look into cleaning up my diet lately too. Good reminder, thanks, best to you and fam.

Jer

Comment

Working...
                        X