• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check In 09-09-2021

4 checked in last week.

2 made goals
    1 accomplished a lot, and made effort
    1 didn't set regular goals, due to vacation

​​​​​​Exercisers: Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals.

Goals I had set:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished: - Exercised 3x. 1 Silver Sneakers. 1x Senior balance. 1 strength training at home.
    - PT at home 1x
    - Average steps per day: 1414.

Next week's goals:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Great effort Mamabug for getting back to your routine after your vacation!

I made my goal this week with gardening harvesting, cleaning up some beds and putting food up. Also hosted an outdoor birthday party for one of our grandkids with family. whew~~~ No longer need for childcare as kids are all back in school. Happy for them but will miss quality time spent.

Have been trying to do some yoga and some stretches before bed and notice it helps ease pain in certain parts of my body and thus, better sleep. even 5-7 mins helps!

Will keep goal for 3-4 days of activity
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi everyone!

Mamabug ~ Terrific job on accomplishing your goals!

Seasha ~ You sure had a super active week! Glad to see that you are receiving benefits from stretching!

~~ I achieved my exercise goals, and they went well. I was able to do them every day - extra credit.

I'm grateful to report that I had a really nice week.

Today is my birthday, and have been celebrating since Thursday (with favorite foods brought by family). I hope that I gain a few pounds, as I am too thin.

Tonight my younger sister and brother-in-law are bringing liver and onions for dinner, and pumpkin pie.

Will stick with my current exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Happy birthday KoKo!!! Have a wonderful celebration So glad you had a good week and achieved extra credit.
          By the way, I love liver (chicken liver) and onions!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            Happy birthday KoKo!!! Have a wonderful celebration So glad you had a good week and achieved extra credit.
            By the way, I love liver (chicken liver) and onions!
            Thank you Seasha! I did have a wonderful birthday.

~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

You are all getting high grades lately. Good efforts all around! Also KoKo.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Did see your post the other day but have had little time to respond.

My week was better than last with 3 days at gym and cooler temps, more time spent. 5 hours, maybe. Less cardio but more time and distance on treadmill, with right leg feeling poorly, figured I'd press it anyhow. Core stuff went well.

Spent time on ADLs also, same reason. Seasha mentioned on posts past the "getting up and down" while planting / harvesting etc. This has become more of an issue for me too. Stretching this week was so-so probably due to a good arm workout Tuesday. Good in the sense of revisiting routines I have been delinquent in doing.

The time eater again is the house on market. A lot of people... more in 3 days than in 3 years. Kidding, but still, need social skills back w/o yakking. Away at gym for much of this thankfully.

Next week I will try to keep 3 days @ gym & 5 days @ home stretching along with all the carrot & stick Realtor related hubbub.

Again, you guys keep at it!

Comment

Hey Jer - So glad to hear this week was better than last! Good luck with the home sale. Doesn't sound like much fun, but needed energy spent to achieve a different goal.

Comment

Hey there Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                  Also KoKo.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Did see your post the other day but have had little time to respond.
                  Thank you!

My week was better than last with 3 days at gym and cooler temps, more time spent. 5 hours, maybe. Less cardio but more time and distance on treadmill, with right leg feeling poorly, figured I'd press it anyhow. Core stuff went well.

Spent time on ADLs also, same reason. Seasha mentioned on posts past the "getting up and down" while planting / harvesting etc. This has become more of an issue for me too. Stretching this week was so-so probably due to a good arm workout Tuesday. Good in the sense of revisiting routines I have been delinquent in doing.

Amazing to me that you have the ability to mentally set aside your house stuff, in order to focus on your workouts.

​​​​​​​Way to go! Inspiring!

Comment

Seasha - "Doesn't sound like much fun, but needed energy spent to achieve a different goal."

Good summation, thank you. The energy drain, once again is linked to anxiety. Remembering that this has to be done, that it's time, helps. It becomes a challenge, like "sit-to-stand" or any other thing we do to continue as best as we can. Another step... for me an ADL?

KoKo - "... the ability to mentally set aside your house stuff, in order to focus on your workouts."

Doing the workout, the effort, assumes its importance when the juices start flowing. My mind clears, anxiety recedes.

Appreciate being able to share life events with everyone here, thank you.

Remember that line about the tail wagging the dog? We can't allow the life situation to change our living it.

Comment

Doing the workout, the effort, assumes its importance when the juices start flowing. My mind clears, anxiety recedes.

A healthy escape, as well as a stress reducer.

Remember that line about the tail wagging the dog? We can't allow the life situation to change our living it.

Right on!

Comment

Boudreaux

We're missing you! Hoping that you and your family are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                          Boudreaux

We're missing you! Hoping that you and your family are ok.

I think we are all concerned about you Boudreaux. Stay safe and dry.

And KoKo, thanks for the confirmation. At times my mind races ahead of my train of thought, exercise keeps me tuned into the moment.

Comment

Working...
                          X