Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in thread 08-26-2021

Goalposters exercise check in thread 08-26-2021

Just trying to start Goalposters thread, sorry if this isn't how it is done.

I use the thread as reference weekly even if it reflects my week only, it has been helpful.

Week was shortened in gym visits to 2. In time spent.... just 2.5 hours. Sad. Truly happy about small accomplishments regarding house prep for market, next week. and My apartment availability remains on track but can't happen fast enough.

Back to gym. Still no AC. Has to be 2 months +. The best routine the past week was decline bench / core work. Not that I exceeded reps but believe the angle was more acute. There isn't a number on angle adjustment so it's a shot in the dark.

Stretching at home 5x a week @ 25 minutes each is going well.

Also worked a new exercise: sitting in chair and attempting to lift my bad leg high (for me that's 1"+?), then pivot leg and place down (without dragging). Reverse. 15x. Other leg just for laughs & giggles.... What I noticed a few times is a better walk. Yeah, probably reading into things but, we try.

Hope this thing post. I'm going to copy whole thing to a sticky just in case.

Thanks again Jer for starting this again. The week went by so quickly that I forgot what day it was.

Sorry your gym has no AC... was this the reason for shortened visits? Regardless, you managed to do what you could!

My week was active again with helping with child care and garden harvesting. Working on harvest with fruit trees too.
    Hope all had a good active week and continue to carry on!!

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello everyone!

Great efforts at keeping active, Jer and Seasha!

Glad for your accomplishments with house prep, Jer.

And glad for your harvesting accomplishments, Seasha.

Having the feeling of accomplishment can't be beat!

~~ I did well with my exercises, and achieved my goals. Thankful that I'm able to do them. The stretches especially help my body to move around better.

My 4-wheeler (rollator walker ) has been a little creaky lately, and one of my wheels came off. My brother-in-law replaced a screw and did some maintenance on it.

I've had the walker for nearly 20 years now, and it has been such a dependable, great help with keeping me upright and walking. It's heavy-duty with firm seat, and 8 inch wheels. I've certainly put a lot of miles on it over the years.

I went ahead and ordered a new one, same kind, to have as a back-up, just in case. Was glad to see that they still manufacture that particular one, after all these years. My brother-in-law assembled it for me, and I'm grateful for him.

I will continue on with my current exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Sorry your gym has no AC... was this the reason for shortened visits?
        Yes Seasha, I am fortunate in being able to deal with oppressive heat, but it has just been a long while. I have nothing to complain about, looking at national weather. Happy your outdoor ventures (harvest!) are going nicely. I remember picking some fruit at different times during the years, thanks for the memory.... Next, I'm guessing... putting up for winter?

Hi KoKo! Good week, even with the rollator walker problem. You are right regarding accomplishments. At times, even the smallest thing can brighten my day. Even if it may not necessarily fall under the exercise umbrella. I have lately begun to think of life as a practice or rehearsal, or exercise, with PP MS as a governor, only allowing you to go so fast. Forcing important decisions often, before the finish line. Others run the race quicker but without a lot of thought, and then... poof... it's over.

The point is to live everything. Yes to the "stepping & fetching", and "blueberry incident" but no to any negativity.

Hey Mike you and family are in our prayers, stay safe and dry.

Comment

I'm home.

18 day vacation.
          3 Canadian provinces
          Approximately 3200 miles.

I think that my only goal was to track exercise, and I didn't even do that well.

I occasionally did PT exercises.

My Garmin recorded steps but I didn't check it.

I had to do stairs to get to a basement bedroom at my daughter's.

I mostly didn't get up and down from the floor to play with grandchildren this time. Tried t do it from the couch.

But, wow. I had a good time!
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hey KoKo! Glad to hear you're getting a new walker and hope you get 20 more years out of this one. And good job achieving your goals!

Mamabug- good to have you back and so glad you had a wonderful time. Sometimes we need a rest up from vacations and hope you get some rest before you start on your exercise routine again
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome home Faith, now relax! Too often vacations take a lot more effort than we expect, MS or not.

Comment

Working...
              X