The Goalposters Exercise Thread for 08.19.2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Thread for 08.19.2021

Goalposters exercise check in thread 08-19-2021 Since Mamabug is on vacation, I thought I'd start this new thread for her. I'm not sure how many reached their goal last week, but I'm sure we all did what we could. We'd love to have new members who need an extra boost for exercising. No pressure on what amount of activity you can do, as long as we all keep moving Tags: None

Thanks for starting this Jer! I think Mamabug is still on vacation.

I easily stayed active this past week. Playing with my grandson for some time every day and working in the garden with harvest time happening - drying, freezing and eating I'm so grateful we've had some cooler weather and sprinkles of rain.

Hope all is well with you all!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      Thanks for starting this Jer! I think Mamabug is still on vacation.

I easily stayed active this past week. Playing with my grandson for some time every day and working in the garden with harvest time happening - drying, freezing and eating I'm so grateful we've had some cooler weather and sprinkles of rain.

Hope all is well with you all!

Seasha! Need to say that I was trying to initiate the thread but received no confirmation that it occurred! Notice that it is a repeat of your previous weeks thread with date altered. I tried to PREVIEW it but nothing happened.... so I thought it lost!

Gremlins!

Anyhow. Just found out that PREVIEW no longer works... I get an error box. So I'll post my week without PREVIEW and hope for the best.

Glad you are enjoying cooler climate and the autumn harvesting along with time well spent with grandson, again this warms the body as well as the soul.

Another Partial for me. Need to say again that my activity during week has morphed into a fair amount of actual activities of daily life. All due to the prep work to list my house, pack, mental decisions, fielding questions and alining friends and others to do the work. Although I set no specific goals, a lot is happening. A bit anxious at times....

I managed daily stretching (5 days), 2 days at gym, total 3.5 hrs, mixed routines (cardio, core, arms, legs). The only "routine" part of my life went well, everything else... I cannot fathom how it all seems to be coming together.

So... without PREVIEW... here goes!

Comment

Still on vacation. I haven't been checking in much while I'm gone. Thanks for filling in for me.

I plan to get back sometime on August 29.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Great to see a variety of activities that are keeping us moving!

My exercise routines went very well, and I was able to achieve my goals.

My week overall also went well - staying calm, sit-to--stand, walking - pretty much a carbon copy of last week, all good.

Can it continue for another week? I surely hope so.

Same exercise goals for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            Need to say that I was trying to initiate the thread but received no confirmation that it occurred! Notice that it is a repeat of your previous weeks thread with date altered. I tried to PREVIEW it but nothing happened.... so I thought it lost!

Anyhow. Just found out that PREVIEW no longer works... I get an error box. So I'll post my week without PREVIEW and hope for the best.
            While Tech Support is trying to find a fix for the error message issue:

Before you begin to write / post anything, make sure your editor features (Font, Size, Bold, Italics, Underline, etc) are shown (directly above your writing space).

If you don't see them, refresh your page until they appear. May need to refresh a few times.

Odd things happen, (like not being able to preview your post), when the editor features aren't there.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

You did a good job of posting regardless of the system errors, Jer. Good job on getting some exercise while you go through transitions. Not an easy task with all that has been going on!

And as always, great work, effort and consistency, KoKo!

Would love to hear from you, Boudreaux!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
              X