Goalposters exercise check in thread 08-13-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalposters exercise check in thread 08-13-2020

Since Mamabug is on vacation, I thought I'd start this new thread for her.

I'm not sure how many reached their goal last week, but I'm sure we all did what we could.

We'd love to have new members who need an extra boost for exercising. No pressure on what amount of activity you can do, as long as we all keep moving
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Hello everyone.... I trust you guys are doing well. I've taken a break for a while, no jiu jitsu, no running but keeping up with the stretching. I'm also spending a little time tending to the yard as the weather allows. Keep it going.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
      Hello everyone.... I trust you guys are doing well. I've taken a break for a while, no jiu jitsu, no running but keeping up with the stretching. I'm also spending a little time tending to the yard as the weather allows. Keep it going.
      Hey Boudreaux!

Great to hear from you!

Stretching and doing some yardwork are terrific activities!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Seasha!

Thanks for starting this thread.

I'm sure that you're enjoying your family, and you are probably busy, busy, busy!
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi everyone!

I achieved my exercise goals, and they all went well, which I'm grateful for.

Had a very nice week overall, and got through the hot temps and oppressive tropical dew points just fine, thanks to my new A/C.

Sit-to-stand, calmness, and walking were all good.

It would be fantastic if this continues!

I will go forward with my current exercise goals, for next week.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Hey Boudreaux, glad to here you're taking up Seasha's routine. Corn fields around here are getting pretty tall with harvest time a few weeks away. Stretching routines are my one consistency these days.

And KoKo... Brava!, On making your goals and on a cooler week also.

My week was partial but I expected as much. Did put in 2+ hours over 5 days stretching. Only 3 hours over 2 days at gym (still no AC), mixed exercises light on cardio. Mix of ADLs and upper / lower body routines.

At some point I will have more info and update my CCRC thread. Been very busy, along with my housekeeper (and the blessing she is!), despite her own troubles, has been a great help. As have a few other good friends.

As I mentioned previously "step & fetch" has taken top spot in my physical activities but somehow I am able to do it. Honestly wonder how I manage to continue walking at days end.

To echo Mike: Keep it going.

Comment

Good to hear from you all and good efforts! Hope Mamabug is doing well

I have been super busy with my almost 2 year old grandson visiting. Thankfully, we play on the floor, but getting down and back up is the main exercise.

Harvest time is going well. Lots of exercise there too. Weeding, picking, washing, cooking and putting up for winter!

Have a good week ahead...

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hey Jer!

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Stretching routines are my one consistency these days.

If I had to make a choice to do one exercise consistently - stretching wins, hands down. I have found that a few simple stretches before trying to stand up makes a significant difference in the effort required.

My week was partial but I expected as much. Did put in 2+ hours over 5 days stretching. Only 3 hours over 2 days at gym (still no AC), mixed exercises light on cardio. Mix of ADLs and upper / lower body routines.

You're being physically active - terrific!

As I mentioned previously "step & fetch" has taken top spot in my physical activities but somehow I am able to do it. Honestly wonder how I manage to continue walking at days end.

Sounds like perseverance and determination! Don't forget rest times too. ​​​​​​​

Comment

Glad to see you had a fantastic week Koko. Here's to another..... Your "partial" looks pretty well rounded Jer...and with no AC in the gym... bravo... Glad you are getting that time in with the young ones Seasha....and the pics of the harvest that I come across look great.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                  X