The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 07-22-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Goalposters Exercise Check-in 07-22-2021

Hmmm. Unless I'm looking the wrong place, none of us checked in last week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't make goals. I'm short on both exercise and steps.

Goals I had set:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day.

Goals I accomplished: - Exercised 1x at Silver Sneakers. I was lazy on Tuesday and was in Kansas City on Wednesday, my other group exercise days and I didn't make the effort to do something else this week.
    - PT at home 2x
    - Average steps per day: 1059

Next week's goals:
    - Exercise 3x (group exercise, or something else active)
    - PT at home once or twice
    - Average in the range of 1200-1500 steps per day. If i do better, it's a bonus.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'd say you made a partial goal, Mamabug!

BTW, last week 5 checked in - https://www.msworld.org/forum/forum/...-in-07-15-2021

I made goal this week, even with family still visiting for 2 of those days.
      Hosted family reunion BBQ and played with grand children
      Then with my garden/housework helper unavailable for the week, I did as much cleaning and garden work as I could. 4 days!

Will try for 4 days of some form of of exercise/activity for this next week.
      Stay cool everyone!

1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Not bad Mamabug for being out of town 2 days....I know how that goes. Great job Seasha. Hitting goals, partying with the fam....and a little BBQ...great week I'd say. I dropped my family off at the airport in ATL to fly home Saturday morning and headed back to SC....was all prepped to start my week strong on Sunday....but as soon as I made it to SC the phone call came in....had to head to north Louisiana to do an emergency engine swap....long hours everyday through Wednesday. Made it back to SC on Wednesday night. So...no goal accomplished but next week will be better.....keep it going.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Well the group appears to be progressing despite Mamabug's partials, Seasha's extended family visits... even abrupt changes to plans, Boudreaux.

I was partial also with less time over the week spent at gym. Not too much less, maybe 45 minutes in total. My stretching remains the standard and I'm pretty happy with it. Not as abrupt as Mike but I did have to adjust order of things to accomplish work around the house. If I think of these things as ADLs, then I feel lifted / blessed, kinda like expecting and making contact with the changeup.

A BTW detail... Had some stone added to drive, fixing a few holes etc. took guy 4-5 hours... while he was at it I pulled weeds from 6 square ft of decorative rock around foundation (ADL in MHO). Seasha, this equals a gym visit, hands down!

So: Core stuff: good, upper body (arms): good enough, legs: in cardio they were fine, on strength equipment: fair? And the ADL stuff, sit-to-stand, etc went well! Hey KoKo, how was your week?

Let's keep it going.

Comment

Hi everyone!

Mamabug ~ Partial goal is great, especially since you had the out of town medical trip.

Seasha ~ You did a bunch of activities! I think you made goal, with bonus!

Boudreaux ~ Glad that you had some family time, even with your current heavy workload. It won't last forever (nothing ever does!)

Jer ~ To my way of thinking, housework and pulling weeds, along with your exercise routines, makes for a great week of physical activity. Bonus for you too!

~~~ I achieved my humble exercise goals.

My week went well, and I'm very thankful for that.

No problems, just the usual daily challenges which I dealt with A-ok.

I can't say enough about how wonderful it feels to have anxiety under control (naturally, without medications or other substances).

It does take a lot of mind focus (meditation, prayer, self-talk, breathing technique) but is well worth the effort.

My daily challenges are met much better without anxiety.

I will continue on with the same exercise goals.

Daily: Up on feet and light activity (walk/stand) 5X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + Breathing exercises

4X Per Week: In-chair ab crunches (20 each time) + Arm, Leg, Core, and Back Exercises

May we be calm, patient, strong, and of good courage.​

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
              I pulled weeds from 6 square ft of decorative rock around foundation (ADL in MHO). Seasha, this equals a gym visit, hands down
              Absolutely, Jer! Consider that as reaching your goal.
              I find while weeding getting myself back up to standing is an extra exercise in itself.

Good to hear from you, Boudreaux! Hope by next week things will pick up - exercise wise.

KoKo -once again a solid week and I'm so happy that the anxiety has lessened. Thus creating a better environment for meeting those goals and daily challenges. Kudos to you!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
              X